iontophoresis + drysol

domadi

On Sunday night, I did my fourth iontophoresis session (1st was Fri evening, 2nd was Sat afternoon, 3rd, Sat evening, 4th, Sunday evening). About an hour to two after that, I rubbed Drysol (20% aluminum chloride) on my palms and put on some vinyl gloves (Mr. Clean, $2.50 per 12 pack). Ripped a hole in the glove (at the top of the hand, on opposite side of palm) to provide some ventilation. I didn't do my feet because the feet tends to reach dry state faster than hands. If my hands are dry, my feet are usually dry too.

When I woke up in the morning, the inside of the gloves felt a bit sweaty/wet, and I washed my hands clean using cold water. I was nervous because we had some overseas business partners in town that I had to entertain and would be doing a lot of handshaking (not to mention, the stress level is higher than on most days). To my surprise, on Monday, my palms and soles of my feet did not sweat one bit today. Not even the fingertips. Must have had at least 20 handshakes, on separate occasions, during the day. When I was outside (quite hot and humid now) I could feel that the sweat that would normally come out of my hands or feet, was distributed to my forearms, top side of hands, and my forehead, which is probably what non-HH people experience.

Based on what I'm seeing, I'm pretty optimistic about doing 4-6 iontophoresis sessions (over a weekend, once a month) + drysol solution (on nights after i do an ionto session) + holding dry can (cool down sweat glands to speed up 'dry skin barrier' formation and prolong ).

-domadi

domadi

Update: My dryness lasted exactly 4 weeks. I'm starting to feel some sweat form on the fingertips in slightly stressful and/or warm temperature (78 degree F or greater) situations.

Last night, I applied drysol to my palms and soles, then wore vinyl gloves on the hands and saran-wrapped my soles (had to use packing tape to secure the saran wrap) and wore socks. I wore these for 3 hours. Took them off after three hours and washed off the drysol+sweat.

Today, the hands feel a bit more dry or less easily excitable than yesterday. Feels like the drysol is having a better effect on the soles than the hands, not sure why. I decided not to do redo my cycle of 4-5 ionto sessions (within 2 day period) because normally, starting ionto again, would mean more sweating for a few days at least. So i'm experimenting using drysol first to minimize the occurrence of sweating (and when it does sweat, have it sweat less). So after the first night of drysol, the next day, I plan to do ionto sessions 1 and 2, with no drysol that night, then ionto 3 and 4 the following day, and then go to sleep with drysol on my hands. Will post my results.

Note: About 24 hours after my drysol, I took a 5 minute shower and when I was done, my hands seemed more apt to sweat. So did iontophoresis session 1 of 4 right when i noticed this.

blong

thanks for the journal, it is very interesting and i have been continuing to follow it. Keep us updated!

aero

Sounds great, it's always a good feeling to shake hands when yours aren't sweaty (i've had those rare occasions)