Iontophoresis Help!

greenbee

hey guys, im new to the forum but im excited to become a member. As many others i have hyperhidrosis in the hands. I began trying the idromed 5 iontophoresis and it worked pretty well, so well..i thought i could stop the treatments. Basically my sweaty hands came back and i started again a couple days ago again. Its been 5 sessions and 5 days, sweat is still coming out; does this normally happen? I also have a couple questions about the machines and the process...

I put alot of water in the trays enough to cover my whole hand is this correct? I also put some sea salt cuz i read this helps. I put the machine on 13 mA for 15 minutes each polarity so total is 30 minutes. Im doing consecutive days because i really want to make the sweat go away for my upcoming exams. (So i dont completely soak them) Any advice?

again, thanks for the help guys..

ysh

When you get your sweating under control you will have to continue doing maintenance treatments otherwise the sweating will return. Currently I am doing maintenance treatments 3 times a week, some people do it once a week and others once every two weeks. It's individual so you need to find how often you need to do the maintenance treatments for yourself. I am still experiementing, will try 2 times a week soon.

Initially you can do treatments every day until the sweating is under control, then you can move on to maintenance treatments.

Sounds like you have too much water in the trays as well. The current will choose the path of least resistance. The skin of your soles or palms is thicker than the back of your hands or feet, meaning that if you have too much water most current will pass through the back of your hands or feet. I keep a low water level in order to treat soles and palms only, as these areas I have a problem with.

Try leaving out the salt as too much salt will actually reduce the conductivness of the water. I don't add anything in the water. Only add stuff into the water if regular tap water is not working.

I do treatments for hands for 15 minutes, then 15 minutes for feet and 10 minutes for fingertips only (at a much lower current setting as the treatment area is smaller). I choose to do extra treatments for fingertips as I use computers and touch screens a lot in my profession. I reverse polarity every other treatment session, and not halfway through every session.

I also use lotion after treatments and whenever I think my skin is too dry in order to keep my skin healthy and flexible.

This is what works for me. Guess the most important for you is to lower the water level and do maintenance treatments once you got the sweating under control. Good luck!

greenbee

Thank you so MUCH!! ill try it right away.. hopefully by the 10th session i will have my hands all dry again. Gluck to u too :) hope to see u around the forums..

Thanks!! :)

hyp-hi

I use plain water and fill up the trays about half way, only putting my palms in. Right now I do about 15 minutes at 11mA every 2 to 3 days. I switch the polarity each time I use it. So far I still sweat, but it is much better than before I started using it.

Sprawling

I fill up the water in my modified trays so that I may treat my hands both front and back. I also treat my entire foot/feet. Since I have been doing this for a bunch of years and have varied between 1-2 gallons of water per treatment, I'd safely say that the amount of water has NO effect on treatment.

greenbee

I tried less water in the trays, and my hands definitely got drier! Im thinking about cutting curves in the trays and putting foam on the sides cuz resting my arms on the sharp edges of the trays are very uncomfortable. Ill see how it goes.

wethandsandfeet

I use 400-500mL in each tray. Lesser water is better although the sweating on the back of your hand will not stop which I am OK with. I've had lots of issues with maintenance treatment, sometimes it makes things better sometimes worse. Can't figure it out!

HH

unfortunately you will have to do maintenance treatments until they find a more permanent way of treating the condition that's not ets. Try filling the trays to just over the finger nails, don't put the sea salt in and do one 30 minute treatment for about 2 weeks and cut it down to one two 30 minute treatments a week and see if that helps.