Iontophoresis problem...PLEASE HELPPPP

hydroman123

Hey guys.....Ive been using my Idrostar for about 2 and a half years. I had to experiment a lot at the start and finally got great results for my hands. However, I had to do daily treatments to maintain the results...but this seemed a small price to pay. So Ive been doing this for the last 18 months and its been great.
About two months ago I noticed that my left hand was getting clammy. Since my finals were on at that time, I thought the stress was responsible. The sweating got steadily worse and my left hand is awful at the moment. Its really bizzare because my right hand is still okay.
I use the red lead for my right and have noticed the tingling sensation to be greater on that side....could this be responsible??? I havent changed the water or my schedule.
Any thoughts guys???? Am I developing immunity? Ive had relapses in the past, but never this long....any thoughts...ANYTHING....would be greatly appreciated.

Soy Sauce

I don't know what the Idrostar looks like since I use the Drionic, but the aluminum plates on them will start to calcify from the minerals in the water and after a while the effectiveness of the units will start to wear off. You can feel that the tingling sensation is almost non existent even though you know the batteries have plenty of life. What I do is I take some sand paper and sand the plates to get rid of the build up and expose the fresh metal underneath. Immediate difference. Check to see if this might be the cause of your troubles.

hydroman123

Hey Soy Sauce, thanks for the reply....the Idostar uses stainless steel plates. I just checked the plates under sun light and there is a brownish stain over parts of it.....it could be the problem. Sanding the plates really scratches them up......is there anyway to avoid this. How do you do it?

Soy Sauce

I think the sandpaper i use has a high grit level, meaning it's less coarse and gentler to use than rougher types of sandpaper. I don't sand the plates very hard. Just gradually remove the surface buildup. You can see the swirls from the scratches abit but it's not that bad with mine. I just hand sand it BTW.

I don't know about your unit, but I can purchase replacement plates or even make them myself when the existing plates wear out. Don't cost much either.

bowsblackwidow

Hey guys.....Ive been using my Idrostar for about 2 and a half years. I had to experiment a lot at the start and finally got great results for my hands. However, I had to do daily treatments to maintain the results...but this seemed a small price to pay. So Ive been doing this for the last 18 months and its been great.
About two months ago I noticed that my left hand was getting clammy. Since my finals were on at that time, I thought the stress was responsible. The sweating got steadily worse and my left hand is awful at the moment. Its really bizzare because my right hand is still okay.
I use the red lead for my right and have noticed the tingling sensation to be greater on that side....could this be responsible??? I havent changed the water or my schedule.
Any thoughts guys???? Am I developing immunity? Ive had relapses in the past, but never this long....any thoughts...ANYTHING....would be greatly appreciated.

try swopping the plates over first, i have used this machine before i dont always get the tingling sensation. then at least you can rule a equipment fault out.