iontophoresis question for the experts.

Sure_whynot

So the first video I saw of this on youtube was a guy hooking his system up to a Car battery. Something in the back of my mind told me.... dont try this. haha

But a V9 battery is something i'd be ok with.

The problem is that there are all of these variables to doing it correctly/effectively. & Everyone points fingers at reasons why it works for some people and not for others.

What are some basic things I should do while setting this up/preforming it tonight? Ex: Using metal/plastic containers? , using different batterys?, using special wire's?, ext.

Thanks!

Last edited:

klamm76

Hi.

Can u recharge/reloade those batteries,or do U have to by new ones all the time?
How many and long treatments can U take before the batteries is empty?

BiGz

You have to replace these ones. I'm unsure how often you would have to replace them, but I have a tester to see what voltage output is at so I'll know when they need replacing. Can always use a motor bike battery than you can recharge it

Sure_whynot

So to get back to all of you... I did my first treatment last night at 18v, on both of my hands. Exactly as explained in the video's, ext.

I have a few questions though.
Should my hands not be touching the bottom of the metal pan?
Should the water be warm or cold? Dose it matter?
If my connection wires are thin, should i keep my hands in the water for longer? or dose that not change the flow of electricity?
Do 9v battery's produce 9v's of electricity until they are dead? or do they gradually slow down as soon as you start using them?
how do I know if my water is "hard" or "soft"?
Should I be using two different brands of 9v batters? or the same ones? dose it matter?

Thanks! If you could answer ANY of these questions at all, I'd be very appreciative! I'll keep you guys posted as too how many days/ if it works at all. In case your interested in trying this home-made ionthophoresis machine.

kHanH

Please keep us updated, i want to know the outcome of this. My nephew has hands sweat so i would like to do this for him if it works. Goodluck on your experiment surewhynot.

Stay DRY!

BiGz

So to get back to all of you... I did my first treatment last night at 18v, on both of my hands. Exactly as explained in the video's, ext.

I have a few questions though.
Should my hands not be touching the bottom of the metal pan?
Should the water be warm or cold? Dose it matter?
If my connection wires are thin, should i keep my hands in the water for longer? or dose that not change the flow of electricity?
Do 9v battery's produce 9v's of electricity until they are dead? or do they gradually slow down as soon as you start using them?
how do I know if my water is "hard" or "soft"?
Should I be using two different brands of 9v batters? or the same ones? dose it matter?

Thanks! If you could answer ANY of these questions at all, I'd be very appreciative! I'll keep you guys posted as too how many days/ if it works at all. In case your interested in trying this home-made ionthophoresis machine.

Ok to answer what I know. It doesn't matter about the wire thickness as its such low voltage, it is best to try keep your hands suspended in the water rather than on the plate. There are ways to test your water for hardness maybe walk into a local aquarium place and ask them as they will know. I go by feel, if its irritating your hands than its obviously working, to what extent I'm unsure. I found hot water lessens the irritation when you first begin which maybe is why he recommends it on the video.

I've added salt to mine but I find the irritation too unbearable to keep my hands in for any lengthy period with out taking them out and scratching. People recommend Vaseline to apply to areas of the hand that don't need to be treated to lessen the irritation which I've tried but I find that it gets a little messy and can get onto the areas I need to treat.

As far as different battery brands I doubt there's a problem other than one out lasting the other so probably best to stick to the same ones. Battery voltage will die off as it gets low but should perform consistently up till such a point what ever that point is. Getting a voltage test kit maybe an idea to play it safe.

Sure_whynot

Please keep us updated, i want to know the outcome of this. My nephew has hands sweat so i would like to do this for him if it works. Goodluck on your experiment surewhynot.

Stay DRY!

Thank you very much.

by the way, I live in hottassflorida too & summers are the WORST. hah

Sure_whynot

Ok to answer what I know. It doesn't matter about the wire thickness as its such low voltage, it is best to try keep your hands suspended in the water rather than on the plate. There are ways to test your water for hardness maybe walk into a local aquarium place and ask them as they will know. I go by feel, if its irritating your hands than its obviously working, to what extent I'm unsure. I found hot water lessens the irritation when you first begin which maybe is why he recommends it on the video.

I've added salt to mine but I find the irritation too unbearable to keep my hands in for any lengthy period with out taking them out and scratching. People recommend Vaseline to apply to areas of the hand that don't need to be treated to lessen the irritation which I've tried but I find that it gets a little messy and can get onto the areas I need to treat.

As far as different battery brands I doubt there's a problem other than one out lasting the other so probably best to stick to the same ones. Battery voltage will die off as it gets low but should perform consistently up till such a point what ever that point is. Getting a voltage test kit maybe an idea to play it safe.

Thank you for all of your help! I really appreciate it.

Sure_whynot

--Ionthophoresis log--​

I have been using two Wallgreens brand 9v battery's, that combine to make a total of 18v. I've also been using 2 aluminum food "serving containers", which are just like aluminum pie tin's except bigger (and square). My cables are just generic alligator clip cables. And the water i've been using is somewhat cold & straight from the sink. My treatment is 10 mins for each hand in each of the two currents, which equals a 20min treatment.

Night 1- 9:00pm: My first treatment wasn't too bad, I got shocked a few times but thats about it. My wrists were very itchy, along with the very top of my hand. But thats only because thats where the waterline reached on my skin.

Day 1- No results, and by the time I woke up the redness on my wrists had dissipated. No irritation at all.

Night 2- 9:30pm: This treatment was exactly the same as the first one, and I used the same two 9v battery's. I don't have a power tester for my battery's yet, I need to get one soon. I had a cut on my left hand, this was somewhat itchy through out the whole test. My wrists are still becoming irritated, but its just an annoyance more then anything.

Day 2- All redness has dissipated overnight. I oddly do feel some dryness on my left palm, but im not sure if its all just in my head. The sweating is still constant, it just feels a little less severe.

Night 3- 10:00pm: Im still using the same two 9v battery's, and doing everything the same. This treatment was very irritating to my wrists & the cuts i had on my hands. I recommend NOT getting your hands cut up when your doing these tests.

Day 3- Again, no redness. If anything my hands sweat the same or worse then when I started. From what I've read this is common, who knows? I'll be testing again tonight with two new 9v battery's. (I've still got no power meter). I might also get some Vaseline for my wrists.

This is everything so far, I'll be sure to keep you all posted!
If you have any advice, or feedback of any kind please leave a comment. =]​

klamm76

Hehe,I worke/worked as a plumber,big and small pipes U name it.So cuts on my hands I had almost every week.I defently advice U to take some vaseline on those spots to relife yourself from extra pain :)

Sorry to not come whit another tip,than you already knew about.Because I dont know what the hell U gyus are doing.I just byied the damn device (idrostar) in my case.But I am looking up to you guys that experiment on your own homemade devices.

Whish U the best of good luck.And "maybe" I can come whit a advice on the way?.Because I found it very intresting to read how your progress goes:)=

Sure_whynot

Hehe,I worke/worked as a plumber,big and small pipes U name it.So cuts on my hands I had almost every week.I defently advice U to take some vaseline on those spots to relife yourself from extra pain :)

Sorry to not come whit another tip,than you already knew about.Because I dont know what the hell U gyus are doing.I just byied the damn device (idrostar) in my case.But I am looking up to you guys that experiment on your own homemade devices.

Whish U the best of good luck.And "maybe" I can come whit a advice on the way?.Because I found it very intresting to read how your progress goes:)=

Hah, Thanks for the support! =]

I'd buy the device... but im an 18 year old college kid... with no money. haha
Plus theres no point in spending that much money if its not going to work. Maybe i'll buy one if this is successful for me. =]

BiGz

I had to laugh a little at the cuts on the hands thing. My first week of treatment I kept doing the same thing one cut would heal than I'd go and get another one and man they can be painful.

I've been doing the same method of 10min each polarity. I highly recommend using hot water as it decreases irritation hugely. And I agree, stuff spending all that $$$ to find out that it doesn't work.

Since I've started which is like 3 weeks ago and on average 5 treatments a week so roughly 15 all up I've noticed that the skin on my hands feels really dried out. However sweat still comes through. I've tried salt and baking soda. Next I'm going to try distilled water if I don't see results.

klamm76

Maybe I have mention this before.I know that I have mention it in here somewhere, at least:)

But I have heard many times that hard water is better then soft water, to get the best result on ionto treatments.

Then again I dont know what the "right" formula/ph in the water is for ionto.?

But if there is something to this,whit the water quality related to iontophoresis? Maybe I just have been lucky,because I only use tap water from the spring at my home.And its "working" for me.

Then again I have also used the ionto in spain,thailand,cypros,but then I bought the water from a supermarked and used.Ordinary natural water.And it worked for me there to,but I was not so long at these places.So maybe it doesnt count.?

Another reason that I maybe didnt notice,was that funny enough. I didnt sweat so much in my hands/feet,before or after the ionto,when I was traveling in hot places.

1 explenation for that, can be that I was sweating more all over my body because of the heat or humidety,so then less in hands /feet? But I was for sure sweating less after my ionto was working for me in hands/feet.I didnt travel whit the device for fun.

My hands/feet is now 90-95% dry,accept from a very few setbacks.

But I still get this weird tingling/trigger thing,that the sweat wants to come out,and sometimes my hands swells up? Dont know what the hell that is about?

Proberaly because the nervesystem is ****ed up:/

Last edited:

JohnSwead

I just wanted to add in. I've been using iontophoresis for a while now and getting good results. I used tap water myself. After doing a little research the water is dependent on the area. Also be careful when using Vaseline. Use it to cover the cuts but don't let it get all over your hands or your treatment wont work on those sports.