Iontophoresis works!

oolceeoo

Hey everyone. If any of you remember I had a thread before wondering why iontophoresis wasn't working for me, well I've come to the conclusion that I just didn't put enough time into it.

Here is what I did:

I did 30 minutes one polarity/ 30 minutes the other polarity for a total of 1 hour, every day at 15-20mA. I totaled 8 hours of treatment time and the only part of my hands that sweats now are my fingertips, but I can live with that!

KngofMn

Thats good to hear. Did you do both hands at the same time for the 1 hour? Also, do you use baking soda at all?

oolceeoo

Yes, I did both hands for 1 hour. I turned the Fischer md-1a knob with my foot. I put table salt in the water, without the salt the current is too low. I put small plates in the trays to place my hands on because the other side of my hands and wrists would get red and irritated if I totally submerged my hands.

I think the trick to iontophoresis is just sticking to it, some people take longer than others for the sweating to stop. Some might take 5 hours, some might take 15. Just stick with it because I have tried EVERYTHING (topical, oxybutynin, robinul, botox, etc.) else except surgery, and iontophoresis seems to be the only treatment that actually works. It still hasn't hit me yet that I'm typing this with dry hands.

KngofMn

Thats interesting because I also have started to use the machine with both hands and use my foot to turn the knobs. lol. I wonder if the table salt works better than the baking soda. Regarding the plates, do you rest the bottom of your hands on the plates? And if your hand is touching the plate than would that mean that you wouldn't get a treatment on that portion of the hand? Also, when you do it do you notice that the negative polarity hurts way worse then the positive end? Also do the electrodes in your tray get very bubbly?

Btw, how much salt do you put in?

oolceeoo

I put the plates in upside down, and the circle part is what I rest my hands on. The only parts that are touching the plate are the lower part of my palm, the middle of my fingers, and the tip of my thumb. Even though these are rested on the plates, these parts are dry now.

The one that hurts worse is the black one, which is negative yes, it seems as though the negative is stronger, I don't know why.

As for the table salt, I just pour maybe a teaspoon on top of the plates.

Yes, the electrodes in the tray do get bubbly after I've been treating for a while. How many hours have you put into it so far?

KngofMn

oolceeoo,
I have put in a lot of time. I have lost count but it has to be in the 20-25 hour range. I was completely dry doing the combination of the Ionto, and Dehydral at night. It felt so good but I stopped using the Dehydral to see if it was just the Ionto but then my hands started to sweat again. I know the Ionto is doing Something because when I was doing the Ionto and not using the Dehydral cream the center of my palms would be somewhat dry and my fingers excluding the tips would be dry. The side of my hand and the tips of my fingers would still sweat pretty badly in stressfull situations though. But when I was just hanging out my hands were definately sweating a lot less. But adding in the Dehydral along with the Ionto gave me 97-100% dryness. So I am going to keep doing that combo and see how long it lasts. I figure if I can get a year of dryness with that combo I will be happy and if the dehydral wears off I will find something else to use along with the Ionto. I am going to try using glyco liquid solution in the Ionto sometime next week and see how well that works.

KngofMn

BTW, I have started using Sea Salt instead of Baking soda and am seeing a big difference. When I was using baking soda my hands wouldn't be noticably dry. But after a few treatments with the salt my hands after doing treatments are "tight" and I can see the skin actually drying up which is good.

My Fischer seems to be spitting out rust during my treatments. Its really weird, I will be doing a treatment and rust will splill from the electrode into the water and make it all brown and kind of green. Its gross. I am going to call them on monday and have them send me some new trays but it's strange that its already rusting after a month or so. This might also be affecting the effectiveness of the treatments right now too.

KngofMn

Yeah it is really strange, it literally is spitting out green and brown rust and at the end of the treatment the water is literally dark brown. I called them today and they said that it was "normal". Yeah right. I think it has to do with the amount of salt I am putting in. When I was using baking soda this never happened but the 3-4 times I used salt it has done it. They told me that I was putting too much salt in so I will try using 1/4 of a teaspoon instead of a teaspoon.

I also wonder about the Fischer design because you don't even see the metal electrode, all you see is the plastic knob on top of it.

aero

HHzapp you should try using less baking soda unless you are already using very little.

my dad suggested i try salt a couple weeks ago. we tried it out and yea, it definitely yellows the water, my guess is that iontophoresis extracts the iodine out of the salt. just my guess, i am by no means a scientist :roll:

i've always wondered how to take apart those electrodes on the fischer machine...

oolceeoo

It seems as though it works better. Mind you my fingers still sweat, but the sweating is greatly reduced.

The electrodes do put out rust looking specs when I use it, I don't know if its the salt or not.

So I suggest maybe keep trying with salt, maybe it works better than baking soda.

sweatypalms

oolceeoo said:
Hey everyone. If any of you remember I had a thread before wondering why iontophoresis wasn't working for me, well I've come to the conclusion that I just didn't put enough time into it.

Here is what I did:

I did 30 minutes one polarity/ 30 minutes the other polarity for a total of 1 hour, every day at 15-20mA. I totaled 8 hours of treatment time and the only part of my hands that sweats now are my fingertips, but I can live with that!

After reading your other post, I'm glad to hear that ionto finally worked for you.

I'm in the process of trying to get my fischer to help me achieve dry hands, and I was curious, were you able to achieve dry hands instantly after the last treatment, or did it take awhile for the onset?

thanks!

arik

i'll give table salt a try... i've been using baking sode for 2 months and although there has been a decrease in the sweating, my palms still tend to sweat! i'll let you guys know if it works for me at all.

TheSlash

I'm here! I actually know something about this!

The connectors do rust eventually, the salt REALLY helps them along. I made custom trays, and using baking soda they started to rust after about 6 months. Using salt, it was pretty imediate. The electrode things are corroded, but they do still work.

Start making your own trays though! It is so cheap and easy and you can make shallow trays for hands, and deep trays for your feet.

Go to radio shack or a similar place and buy a set of speaker connectors. The little round red and black plugs that you could plug a banana plug into. The MD1a wires fit perfectly just like they do in the stock trays.

I purchased plastic little storage trays from a dollar store. Small ones for hands, deep large ones for feet. Drilled a little hole in each tray where I wanted the connector and inserted the speaker connectors. I did use a little rubber washer on both sides of the tray to make sure nothing leaked.

I made 4 trays, for like $7-$10 bucks.

hinder87

theslash,

cud u possibly post pictures on how u did them? im interested in making my own trays

Hyper-Hydro

KngofMn

Your device is basically good equipment. I think your water could be a problem. You see the active part of ionto are metal ions. The rust you´re seeing in yor water means iron ions from your electrodes are dropping out together with oxygen ions creating rust. Well if the chemical combo of your water causes all the iron ions from the electrodes of your Fischer to connect with oxygen, there´s none left to interact with your sweat glands. If you interested in testing my theory, buy some destilled water, add baking soda and see what happens :-D Read my previous posts about water if you´re interested.