Is it possible to become a complete recluse? Tips?

twist3d

Since I don't believe I will ever get over my SAD so social situations are always going to be painful for me, I was thinking if it's possible in modern society to become a recluse?

Is anyone here in that situation? I'm talking about working from home/not working, maybe even living in reclusive place (i.e. not in big city), being as cut away from other people as just possible!

I've always dreamed I could be like Jack Torrance and live in empty hotel, lol just me and my crazy self.

I'm young and I'm seriously thinking of making this into my life goal. I'm studying to become a cleaner but I think it could be possible to get another profession where I could work from home but I don't know any, except like "super rich writer" lol.

I'm sick of human beings.

Ignace

You got a point there, humans suck. ::p: Too bad, everyone who reads this is a human and there's a chance they'll be offended. ::p: There's always a reason to go out of the house. Or you got a service who deliver food ? If you do, it's possible.

3lefts

Unfortunately that is exactly the direction I'm headed in, or figuring out.
I just picture it quiet and having a home all to myself, I'm looking into being a translator that can work from home, and just go in when I need to etc. or something like that.
Never really put it into words, but the point being is if that's the lifestyle you want it is possible.
The more you bring yourself away from people though the more the opposite effect will happen and you'll want a bit of a social aspect, if even a small bit on an irregular basis. It's best to keep a balance of sorts.

Kiwong

I've often dreamt of being a recluse too.

It is possible? Maybe yes, if I was finacially independent, could work for myself at home, or not work at all, or if I could live simply in the bush. Maybe I'm too lazy to pull it off.

However, I do appreciate the convenience of the services and the advantages being around people that a town/city offers. For example being close to shops, transport. Paradoxically I sometimes think that you can be more reclusive in a big city with millions of people than a country such as where I live. I love the anoymity of the city.

And at the moment I do enjoy activities involving people, large numbers of people in fact. Going in fun runs, state and national Masters Championships. My running is social activity and I like the community/team aspect of it.

So in some ways I like my solitude and idependence, but I also like mixing with people, although sometimes this is very hard.

just wanna b normal

i wouldnt wanna be alone heck thats only reason why im trying to get rid of my SA. dont ever give up haven't you ever heard that phrase. do some research on SA to help you uderstand it to overcome it.:)

MollyBeGood

Since I don't believe I will ever get over my SAD so social situations are always going to be painful for me, I was thinking if it's possible in modern society to become a recluse?

Is anyone here in that situation? I'm talking about working from home/not working, maybe even living in reclusive place (i.e. not in big city), being as cut away from other people as just possible!

I've always dreamed I could be like Jack Torrance and live in empty hotel, lol just me and my crazy self.

I'm young and I'm seriously thinking of making this into my life goal. I'm studying to become a cleaner but I think it could be possible to get another profession wherewould work from home but I don't know any, except like "super rich writer" lol.

I'm sick of human beings.

I totally get you BUT this quote gets ME *here*
this sums this up for me....

"Life has its own hidden forces which you can only discover by living.”
Soren Kiekergaard

I don't know if you're really living (No) that way-being shut out/off....right?