Is There Something You Think Other People Could Do To Help?

Skog

Do you want people to help you or leave you alone? If help, what would you like them to do to help? Do you want professional help, rather than help from people in your work. family, or school life?

After you get past the answers like, "I just want it all to go away and be normal," or "I want a pill to make me feel like everyone else," what is it that you want? Whatever it is you might do to help yourself, likely depends to some extent on other people around you. What do you want others to do that you think would help or support you?

Hylke

I don't care about the whole 'being different' aspect, nor do I want to get along with any person. I just don't want to have to be ashamed of myself anymore. Not break down whenever I have a presentation (because I cannot handle the attention of 30 eyes focussing on me), I just want to be able to say something funny for once without having to worry if the conversation is going to drop dead, and above all I want to be able to speak to a woman.

Walk

When it comes down to it, what I ultimately want is to make a meaningful contribution to the "world" and have good memories of my life when I'm near my End.

NothingElseMatters

i want people to understand when i say NO i dont want to go somewhere cause i dont' feel ok and stop trying to convince me to go cause it makes me feel alot more worse.i also want them to stop asking me y am i so quiet and y i don't go out alot. i don't think a person in my family or a friend would really help me get over sa.i think a doctor would really give me some help-if he knew what sa is about cause most doctors don't- but i am too afraid to go to one now so i try my own things

Helyna

Walk said:
When it comes down to it, what I ultimately want is to make a meaningful contribution to the "world" and have good memories of my life when I'm near my End.

Exactly!

Skog

NothingElseMatters said:
i want people to understand when i say NO . . . .

I guess I need to rethink why people won't help me even when I am trying to get them to do so. Over simplifying your response, you want to be left alone. I want people stop leaving me alone. I guess their confusion may be understandable.

NothingElseMatters

Skog wrote:

I guess I need to rethink why people won't help me even when I am trying to get them to do so. Over simplifying your response, you want to be left alone. I want people stop leaving me alone. I guess their confusion may be understandable.

well actually i am feel very very selfish,cause i want people to be close when I want to but i also want them to stay away and give me space when I want to...and friendships or realtionships don't work like that!so i believe that yes their confusion is very understandable...