it will never be clean

meme

when i see a bug, i freak out. how did it get in? what does it want? where is it going? it freaks me out because i fee violated and confused. "i though i cleaned everything; there are no crumbs to eat, what is it doing here?"

i fear my house wil never be clean enough.

my ocd has actually been ok lately, the spikes just nail me though.

Kien

If you live in a hot place there will always be vermin, you can not avoid it. There is always 1 or 2 insects in all houses durring the summer.

Scoutabout

I went through a stage of OCD between 4th and 5th grades. I remember it started with a fear of germs and disease. I began reading books about various diseases, and became so overwhelmed with all the possible diseases out there that I couldn't see how anyone could avoid getting something that could kill them. That's when I began obsessively washing my hands to the point they were cracked and bleeding. If I touched a doorknob, I automatically went back to the bathroom to wash my hands because there might be dangerous germs that could kill me on the doorknob. It was years later that I realized why I had such a fixation. My mother contracted pneumonia when I was in the 4th grade and was in the hospital for weeks on end, and nearly died. Then, after she finally recovered, my grandfather got lung cancer and died very slowly. I realized that during this time I had felt vulnerable. I had no control over these situations, but needed to feel I had some control. I believed that I could control germs from getting to me if I was extra vigilant and if I constantly "sanitized" myself or things I used. It was all about needing to have some control and stability in a world in which I felt neither.

Lo

spider in my bed

a few weeks ago i woke up and when i turned around to make my bed there was a fat black spider in my bed. now every night i check my bed at least 4 times if there is a spider. ill wake up in the night and look at the spot where the spider was (by my shoulder) and not want my body to touch that spot as if the spider left something there for me. ewwww!

Remember to shake out your shoes, folks. I once had a rather unpleasant experience...

Keep roach bait around too :-D Doesn't help 100% but it makes me feel a whole lot better.

Don't mind my random comments, I'm waking up the forums and it looks like Lo is trying to do the same. lol

TAMPA-BAY

checking

When I go to bed I sometimes think about the locks. I sometimes have to get out of bed to check the locks on the house.

If i just finish ironing i have to check the iron like five times to make sure it off.

When i leave my car I have to check to make sure the doors are lock like 3 times.

Would this classified me as OCD? Just wondering.

Thesuper

you should make you're house dirty on purpose, not extremely health issue dirty, just like, if you're cutting onions, don't care about cleaning up a few shards of onions, clean up less often, use little or no soap when you clean the dishes, when you think about it, all it is is small particles of food you once ate, theres nothing wrong about a bug being in you're house, its probably looking for scraps of protein on the ground, or a place to sleep, and if you think about that, whats wrong with that, bugs don't really play by property rules, and from a view outside a humans eyes, all a house is is material built to keep a dry controlled heat system. in no way other than perception do you own you're home, as for ocd, as long as you're mind tricks you into thinking bugs are an immediate threat to you, you're will try and problem solve a situation in where there is no problem.

Lucy2008

Bugs are everywhere - try visiting a 3rd world country and you will wonder, how did I survive. It's yucky seeing bugs but they will not hurt you and if you see them, it's not as terrible as you think it might be. It might feel gross, but it's not gross. Try to convince me otherwise...just a point to note, YOU don't know where that bug has been and as long as you don't know, that should give you some comfort - I hope.