It's 2005 !!!! What do YOU plan to do this year ?

Soooo,

Anybody got any plans for this year, or are we all going to do what im probably going to do which is stay the same and not change anything for the better ?.

Anonymous

Like resolutions? I SHOULD quit smoking... it's VERY expensive & certainly NOT in MY extremely limited income..-ell, my income is so 'modest' it practically stays hidden! My income has SP worse than I do! Smoking makes my clothing and me smell like an ashtray--yulk..a health risk factor... but despite all the negative things about it... I CRAVE the things desperately. I could toss my anti depressants, etc. way quicker than even a few cigs. I read somewhere that cigarette smoking and SP might be linked in some way. Anyone else heard/read about that? And with that all said... I shall go light up. sighhhh :cry:

BTW... Anyone know of anyone personally that has/had lung cancer or cancer from smoking?

LilMissTragic

Yeh, my nan died of lung cancer after smoking most of her life.

and to answer the other question, I'm looking to move away from the area i'm in, I live in a small town where everyone knows everyone else and hate anyone different, Hence a lot of bullying in my life and now its about time I got out and made a fresh start.

Anonymous

Anonymous said:
Like resolutions? I SHOULD quit smoking... it's VERY expensive & certainly NOT in MY extremely limited income..-ell, my income is so 'modest' it practically stays hidden! My income has SP worse than I do! Smoking makes my clothing and me smell like an ashtray--yulk..a health risk factor... but despite all the negative things about it... I CRAVE the things desperately. I could toss my anti depressants, etc. way quicker than even a few cigs. I read somewhere that cigarette smoking and SP might be linked in some way. Anyone else heard/read about that? And with that all said... I shall go light up. sighhhh :cry:

BTW... Anyone know of anyone personally that has/had lung cancer or cancer from smoking?

I would not be surprized at all, to find out that SP and any drug addiction are related.

Anonymous

Well, I think I am doing better and hopefully one day I will be completely cured of this stupid SP. Yes, it has been difficult. Nothing worth doing is ever that easy. I had to force myself to go out and be around people. I started with forcing myself to spend a few minutes out and added aditional minutes each day.

Now, I am finally working 8 hours a day. Not bad. But I still do have anxiety. Though, I force myself to face my fear each day and I think it is working. Yes, I am also taking some medication, Paxil, to help me out. But I took it before without any good results, because I did not force myself to face my fears. Now, I am trying hard to face my fears, along with taking the medication, and I am having good results.

My goals for the coming year are:

1) loose 30 pounds,
2) exersice 3 to 5 times a day,
3) stay away from junk,
4) keep working on my fears,
5) stop caring so much about what others think of me,
6) go back to school.

Anonymous

I'm hoping I can force myself back to see my doctor over social phobia.

Last time I went was over 2 1/2 years ago and I've just been too scared to go back since.

Michelob512

I'm going to cure myself- completely. I feel like I've got all the tools under my belt, and I've even got some professional help. My goal this year is to start up a daily meditation practice and that should help too. I'd also like to make a commitment to change my diet, but we'll see if that goes anywhere

FroggyHope

My goal is also to cure myself, but we have to be realistic too and accept that it is not going to happen overnight.

I hope to change this year too. I just hate the idea that everything takes effort to do, the way it takes so much courage sometimes to just do easy things like going out, talking to people or going into shops and things like that. I just wish i could do that stuff without even thinking about it, without any effort like people without SP do. Anybody understand what i mean ?.

Anonymous

I want to change but probably i stay depressed. To much messed up people around which act negative and fuck up the world to be acting that yuou dont see the negativity in the world. I went out thid newyearsmornging. I was really open to people and talked a bit, but for some sort of reason they just dont see me standing. Guess they dont like kind people . I dunno

Michelob512

FroggyHope said:
My goal is also to cure myself, but we have to be realistic too and accept that it is not going to happen overnight.

I agree. I'm thinking of a minimum of 5 weeks- even that may seem unrealistic to some, but I have high hopes and confidence.

Find other people in my area with Social Anxiety Disorder and organize a self-help CBT group. Anybody near Miami, Florida please contact me.