I've left my friends behind

mikebird

Banned
My peak of social activity was when I was a student, and thinking my people would be there on tap, for the rest of my life, has led me to a downward spiral to people who left town to pursue new things. Life would never be that good again. Probably a fair share of my fault, as I gave up on them and haven't made enough contact for more than 10 years. Not quite an agoraphobic, but a lost desire to get in touch.

Digging a deeper hole.

Facebook helps, but not making effort still remains as the worst crime. And diverse interests do stretch to having less in common

planemo

I've been through something similar. I had a close group of friends in high school, but because i could never interact with any of them, outside of school, the relationships I had formed turned to nothing. I lost contact with all of them except my best friend. i did get to see him over a year later, but by then he had changed enough so that i was just another acquaintance from the past. since then it's pretty much been Lonerville for me.

And far as making an effort is concerned, you can only do your best. remember if you could be at the level of everyone else, you would be capable of what they're doing. i guess people like us have different abilities so we shouldn't compare ourselves to the rest.