January Goals

Ithior

We already had a December Goals thread before, so why not have a January one?

Starting tomorrow I'm actually going to start doing things. I already did nothing in the past 6 months. I signed up for a few online courses (one of them started 5 days ago, but I only signed up today).

I'll be doing Intro to Chemistry starting tomorrow. Sunday I'll add Japanese Grammar (not an online class). Monday I'll add Energy 101. On the 27th I'll add Foundations of Teaching for Learning 1: Introduction. If I feel like I could be doing more, I'll learn Biology 101 by myself and I'll try to learn how to cook.

I also intend on rearranging my bedroom and getting a good diet (might try seeing the nutritionist at my gym, unless it's too expensive). Another thing I'd like to do is visit these two studying places nearby and see if I can work or volunteer there. I think this is something I'd like to do for a living, but I can't know for sure unless I try. This one might only be done in February though.

So yeah, my goal for January is to do these things.

Silatuyok

Great idea! :applause:

My goal for January is to try to get into a better daily routine that includes exercise, reading, cleaning, and practicing guitar. I'm also trying to work on getting a good amount of sleep.

Kiwong

I want to start cleaning up my flat, and later this year possibly renovating with a view to selling it, and buying a house somewhere.

I want to start getting back into consistent running training again. My weekly mileage is less than half what it should be.

At work I want to contribute to and finish the projects I am working on.

I have to make some changes to feel that I have some value in this life.

Last edited:

Steiner

Get more fit. Been working out nearly everyday since new years and I can already see the difference.

Rawz

My January goal is to just do. Just read some everyday. Just exercise every week. Just eat healthy. Etc. Basically to not put anymore thought into it then I need to and to not spend time trying to get motivated or inspired, but just do. Because usually the more I think, the more I sabotage myself, or the more the chance of sabotaging myself goes up.

Silatuyok

My January goal is to just do. Just read some everyday. Just exercise every week. Just eat healthy. Etc. Basically to not put anymore thought into it then I need to and to not spend time trying to get motivated or inspired, but just do. Because usually the more I think, the more I sabotage myself, or the more the chance of sabotaging myself goes up.

Oh, I like that.

Ithior

Didn't do things exactly as I had planned, but I've set things in motion.

I'll be doing Intro to Chemistry starting tomorrow. Sunday I'll add Japanese Grammar (not an online class). Monday I'll add Energy 101. On the 27th I'll add Foundations of Teaching for Learning 1: Introduction. If I feel like I could be doing more, I'll learn Biology 101 by myself and I'll try to learn how to cook.

Started Intro to Chemistry and Energy 101 today. Tomorrow I'll start Japanese and "How Things Work" (kinda like physics for beginners I guess, it's on Coursera).

I also intend on rearranging my bedroom and getting a good diet.

I already did all the planning for the rearrange, and I'll start in 30 minutes after I eat something.

Ithior

Finally got into gear and I'm doing as many hours a day as I planned. Doing How Things Work (intro to physics), Energy 101, Intro to Chemistry and Japanese Grammar (started this one today after taking a two months break or so because I was unmotivated). Right now I have to catch up on the first two because I started a week later. When I do I can decrease the hours per day and start something else.

I also started rearranging and decluttering my room, but I need to buy some plastic boxes to store things so it's easier to clean dust daily. I guess it's not as visually pleasing, but at least my room will be more organised and clean.

How are your goals coming along?

Nanita

This month I want to keep up the habbit of writing in my journal, just a little everyday.
Also I want to finish a big painting that I started months ago.

Silatuyok

Great idea! :applause:

My goal for January is to try to get into a better daily routine that includes exercise, reading, cleaning, and practicing guitar. I'm also trying to work on getting a good amount of sleep.

I think I did a better job of this in January, but not as well as I would have liked. Of course, throwing a three-legged foster puppy and a couple of kittens into the mix didn't exactly help me establish a good routine. :)

How did everyone else do?

Ithior

I'm doing 4 online classes + Japanese, and I already decluttered and reorganized most of my room. I didn't visit the two studying places I wanted to yet, though I happened to find out a 3rd place also nearby.

MikeyC

I think I did a better job of this in January, but not as well as I would have liked. Of course, throwing a three-legged foster puppy and a couple of kittens into the mix didn't exactly help me establish a good routine. :)

How did everyone else do?
It sounds like you did very well considering how the month went for you, Marie. :)

My January was so mixed. First eight days were the worst in many months. I was so depressed I couldn't even post here or talk to friends. Since then I went to two different places in Australia I had never been before, gained some new experiences, got accepted into uni, saw a friend I hadn't seen in many months, started a healthier eating regime, and started reading a lot more. I think that's a pretty successful month, considering how it all started. :thumbup:

Silatuyok

My January was so mixed. First eight days were the worst in many months. I was so depressed I couldn't even post here or talk to friends. Since then I went to two different places in Australia I had never been before, gained some new experiences, got accepted into uni, saw a friend I hadn't seen in many months, started a healthier eating regime, and started reading a lot more. I think that's a pretty successful month, considering how it all started. :thumbup:

That's great Mikey! You were able to turn your month around and do all kinds of great things. Kudos to you. :)

Nanita

This month I want to keep up the habbit of writing in my journal, just a little everyday.
Also I want to finish a big painting that I started months ago.

I did write a lot so that's good.
Did not finish that painting, so that goal is now transferred to February..