JEALOUSY

Anonymous

DO YOU GUYS OFTEN...WHEN YOU GO OUT, HAVE THOUGHTS IN YOUR HEAD OF THE OTHER PEOPLE YOU SEE LIKE... <HOW UGLY THEY ARE, `WHAT A WANNABE THAT PERSON`, IM BETTER THEN THEY ARE. BUT I WISH I WASNT SO SHY...THOUGHTS LIKE THAT ? MAYBE DEEP DOWN, WERE REALLY SELF CENTERED AND JEALOUS, AND WANT TO SHINE ALL THE TIME. INSTEAD OF JUST BEING ANOTHER FACE IN THE CROWD LIKE MOST PEOPLE WHO DONT MIND IT. DO YALL DREAM ALL THE TIME ABOUT BEING SOMEONE BIG AND FAMOUS AND POWERFUL?

applesewer

Yea, I do…pretty passionately actually. I’m determined to push myself to my limits and to really make a difference in the world before I die.

And yea, I have analytical thoughts of people when I’m out too. I really hate that actually…judging people before you really know them. But I thought it was just human nature, even subconscious. I try to fight it as much as pos though, cause I hate it when people assume stuff about me, like I’m shy or weak, just because I’m quiet, when really I’m not, I think I’m pretty confident personally.

LilMissTragic

I think that when people think like that they are trying to make themselves feel better. I used to feel like that in my teens. I used to be very judgemental and hated everyone with a passion. Thankfully, I grew out of that when i realised that I was probably starting to get like the bullies that put me down for so long.
Now I try not to judge anyone. If I do slip up and have a really bad day and think something mean about someone then I make sure i think of something good about that same person.

shep

I think we are all self centered to some degree by nature. Generally, most people will eventually reach a level comparable to their gifts but when they are held back due to any number of reasons, including sp, it is easy and natural to have envious feelings about others who accomplish things that we feel we could also do if it were not for ________. It is a great help when we can overcome these feelings and find contentment and enjoyment in life nevertheless.