Juicy lies???

nighthawk

I find all the barriers and defense mechanisms I use to avoid social situations, embarassment and disappointing people make me do some pretty stupid things. Lying is like my 1st course of action most of the time. So far :? , my biggest lie was having taken 2 summer university courses. I live at home and all I did was leave my house and drive around for a few hours. It would be laughable if it wasn't so pathetic. The worst part about it was how easy it was to get away with(so far). Parents had no clue. I'm so lame lol.

Anyone else got anything they wanna get off their chest?

Peace

SPECTACULAR

sometimes, i don't go to the college but i don't hide it. I tell everyone specially my parents that i didn't go. The problem is i study in a computer science college and my father is a professor at social science college right beside my college. :lol:
He comes around many times and asks teachers if i'm a good boy! I hate it when he comes. I'm 20 years old and he still comes with me to college. :(

nighthawk, i think you shouldn't go far with your lie. i mean lies produce lies, you know. your parents will be so disappointed. i wish you have a plan... good luck.

paul

I can relate to you about the lying thing - a lot of the time I really want to lie to make myself seem more interesting and less isolated. In fact I am a pretty good liar :) but I resist the urge and try not to talk about it.
But you're not pathetic - I can completely understand wanting to lie about things.

sensitive

i rarely lie, it is not easy at all to lie i feel so guilty, it is just not me however sometimes we need to lie (i am not justifying it)

4myself

I used to exagerate things and just downright lie in order to make myself seem better, but I have found that since coming on here and getting my life together a bit I don't feel the need to do it as much. I am sure glad that I'm not the only one with lying compulsions.

Fighter86

Urm, I lie myself out of social situations as well. At one point of time, I had let my father drive me to school & then turn away form the school gate to go take the subway when I see his car leaving.

When I don't feel like turning up for social stuff, I always say I'm busy, I've got something on. & when I'm out alone(which is pretty often) & I see someone I know & if he or she asks if I'm alone when they don't see friends surounding me, I'll nearly always lie that I'm on my way to meet someone. After which, I'll quickly flee the building so I won't run into the same person who would than ask 'still waiting for your friend?' :lol:

Boundless

I used to lie to my step mother/father when i quit my job i couldnt tell her so in the morings i used to walk a couple of miles up to my real mums house and stay the day,then head back down when i was due to get off work.