Just found out about SA

Anonymous

Hi, I have SA and just the idea of posting here is freaking me out, so I'm just doing it.
I'm 19 years old, male, living in New England. SA has crippled my life. I have no friends, no life. Even my family doesn't understand me.
I only recently found out about SA. I honestly thought I was alone in feeling this way.

LilMissTragic

Hello Loneldude, Welcome to the site...Its like a light suddenly being switched on when you find others suffering in the way you do. Great to have ya here :)

Welcome to the "Club"...We all know what u are going through and even though I am still very new to the site, for me it really does feel better to know that there are other people out there that feel the same way. And don't worry I am anxious about positing messages too... but everyone I have come across so far has been really nice and supportive.
So Post-Away :!:

Anonymous

well done on posting to the site, i too thought there'd be some sort of rejection when i posted first time, only in the last week i discovered this site and in a way its so put my mind at ease to know that i'm not going mad, that what i'm going through - others are too and its so good to share and talk about things that are crippling hard to talk to family and friends about,

Anonymous

Welcome. I was also very surprised that others here had similar fears and obstacles to overcome.

I tend to have a fear of starting things be it a job, leaving home for the day, moving out or simply doing work. Life for me is basically a struggle to get motivated.

I was watching a show on TV tonight about depression, anxiety etc. Anxiety was very briefly touched upon, but nothing other than that really. Here in Sydney, there are a lot of young adults still living at home, and the media gives us shit for it. Before I came to this site, I had taken on this mentality where I felt I was just plain useless. It's comforting to know there is support if it's needed in like-minded people.

It's too easy for others to dismiss SP because it is just not as obvious as other mental illnesses.