Just need one friend!

bimbo45

I just don't know what it is, i am so lonely so shy and very quiet. I am so bored! The people on this site just dont want to chat with me and if they do they seem to piss me off, ater the first chat. Boy do i have a problem!

abc1234

I know how you feel.Being lonely is a terrible thing.I to have pretty much no friends and am alone more then i'd like

bimbo45

thanks for your reply!

abc1234 said:
I know how you feel.Being lonely is a terrible thing.I to have pretty much no friends and am alone more then i'd like
At least some body knows how i feel it really sucks when your lonely and cant even start a conversation to make friend!

abc1234

Yeah it sure does suck.Im probably gona end up being alone and lonely for pretty much my whole life.Even if i wasnt shy Id still have a hard time making friends im a super self conscience person.And tell my self that im not good enough for people or that they wouldnt like me anyway so why bother.Its a real shitty thing to be so negative but ive done i for so long,that i dont know how to do otherwise.

themousethatroared

I try not to dwell on past difficuties with interactions with people on-line or in person. I have had my share of disapointments that I would like to forget but I have made at least one friend on-line and for that I count myself lucky. I will try to put the disapointments behind me and not let it poison me. If I dwell on the negative then I will not see what is positive. I would like to say that I do not dwell on the negative but I do. Hopefully I will get better at focusing on the bright side.

Y

bimbo45 said:
I just don't know what it is, i am so lonely so shy and very quiet. I am so bored! The people on this site just dont want to chat with me and if they do they seem to piss me off, ater the first chat. Boy do i have a problem!

Yeah, i understand you, i have had a few "bad" chat experiences wtih people i met from this site. But i was not pissed off or anything, its just we both had nothing to say, lol. It was like:

Me: How old r u?
Him: 23 u?
Me: cool :roll: , im 22 ...
-----------------------5 mins of silence-----------------
Him: So what do you like?
Me: Hmmm...i dont know... (conversation killer :p)
----------------------10 mins of silence----------------
Me: So what did you do today?
Him: Not much... (another conversation killer)
-----------End of conversation---------

I used to think, id be easier for me to chat with someone from this site, well apperantly its not. :p

bimbo45

Y said:
bimbo45 said:

Yeah, i understand you, i have had a few "bad" chat experiences wtih people i met from this site. But i was not pissed off or anything, its just we both had nothing to say, lol. It was like:I know exactley what you mean! I have had the same problem with people on this site.
It definatley is not easy!.

I used to think, id be easier for me to chat with someone from this site, well apperantly its not. :p

bimbo45

Y said:
bimbo45 said:

Yeah, i understand you, i have had a few "bad" chat experiences wtih people i met from this site. But i was not pissed off or anything, its just we both had nothing to say, lol. It was like:

xkiss_me_nowx

oh i know ive had that. so annoying.
but luckily one or two people on here ive met are good talkers.. so the conv didnt run dry haha.

Y

bimbo45 said:
Y said:
bimbo45 said:

Yeah, i understand you, i have had a few "bad" chat experiences wtih people i met from this site. But i was not pissed off or anything, its just we both had nothing to say, lol. It was like:I know exactley what you mean! I have had the same problem with people on this site.
It definatley is not easy!.

Lol, if you remember the conversation from above, it may be me who you talked, :lol: World is small...

Snowman

bimbo45 said:

All I can say is 'join the group'. There are a lot of people out there that feel exactly as you do, myself included. I've always been "the quiet one" too. I hope you stick around, this forum is for people like you and I.

Take care,
Snowman

random

At some point I had benefited from the counseling I was receiving but couldn't make myself 'practice' at social events like the counselor wanted me to so I quit. I told myself I would never get over it and would just get used to it. Quietly I began to project how negative my future would be - I would be completely isolated and no one would talk to me and I pictured the years ahead exactly the same.
Then - I had a very real panic attack. My first full fledged I-MUST-BE-DYING-RIGHT-NOW panic attack. This was new - I had always been an introvert and didn't know I knew how to have a panic attack but I picked it up quickly.
The way I calmed myself that night was to tell myself that even though I am always saying that things won't change, my life will always be like this etc., there's no way I could predict the future and it doesn't HAVE to be the negative way I picture it. I would calm down then panic, calm down then panic. Each time I was able to calm down by saying something like "Yeah the past is bad but that doesn't mean the future has to be" or "Well yeah I am picturing a difficult life but I have never been able to predict the future before" or "It doesn't HAVE to be the negative way I picture it." And I got back into counseling - and I am relieved. I have quite a habit of predicting a permanent negative future and I am working to break it. The full panic attacks are gone and now I sometimes have low watt anxiety in the middle of the night...and I am hot on the trail of getting rid of those too.