Just Quit My Job

Acme

Well people I just quit my job today. I was a dock worker and unloaded trucks all night on 12-hour shifts. I worked my @ss off on that job. Over the past 2 months was drinking 8-10 liters of water per shift (gets hot here in the summer in the south, USA). Yet the company was still trying to work me harder. I said f*ck it. I was wanting to stay on until I found another job, but they pushed me too far and there's no way I'm going back. F*ck'em. It was a piece of sh*t company - the greediest company I had ever worked for - and that's saying a lot. I lasted at that job 1 year 8 months - the 2nd longest job I ever had.

Worked with some crazy people at that place. One dude was having problems with his wife and started displacing his problems onto other people on the shift. One day he tried to f*ck with me. I'm not that big of a dude (6 foot, 175lbs) while this mofo is 6 foot 250. I told him I was going to murder him, and said I'd bet him a week's pay that I would beat him down out back where there weren't any cameras. He declined the offer, but tested me a few days later by boxing with me. I had two hits on him before he even knew what happened. To be honest, this dude really wasn't that bad of a guy. Just some days he was a f*cking @sshole though and had to be put in his place - guess this was when he got some heavy verbal abuse from his wife. There were some ghetto m*therf*ckers who worked there, at least in the words of my boss.

What a shame - I have a 4-year degree but couldn't survive the office environment due to SA. Therefore I ended up in sh*t like the above job with the dregs of society (although there were some good people there) working my @ss off just to barely pay the bills - just to try to f*cking survive. Godd*mn SA I swear. Ain't no equality in this existence - it's all just a roll of the dice who gets SA and who doesn't (for many of us anyway - especially when it's due to genetics).

Gotta get out of this h*ll and find a better job this time (preferably better pay too), yet still one that I can do without any humiliation from my SA. I've already started to look for a new job - have resume and cover letter updated, old job recruiters' phone #'s, job email alerts from job websites, etc.. Problem is the job market is bad right now.

What I really want is an 8-hour night-shift job WHERE I WORK ALONE. If anyone has any suggestions/ideas of a job like this, please let me know. I live in a big city, so chances are I might be able to find it here. We'll see how it goes. Wish me luck.

Last edited:

BlackKids

I dont have any suggestions but nice one quitting. I know its very difficult to quit when your getting paid every week but f*ck em.

timidhorse

You did the right thing, only staying would make you feel worse than you should with SA. It seems more and more people are taking out their frustrations on others who don't deserve it. When you have SA, you are seen as the weakest so they will target you. Kind of like how animals runoff/attack/kill the member that will bring the herd down.

Noca

Banned
Longer than ive ever lasted at a job. It feels good to quit a job, my favourite part personally.

doesit

fair play for quitting :) you sound like a tough guy so you shouldnt have troubles finding better job.

sabbath

Banned
If you survived 4 years of college and 12 hour shifts at a loading dock, I think you can handle an office job. Yeah everyone in the office is an idiot but air conditioning and good pay can make up for annoying people. Good luck, I hope you find something you can enjoy.

"But if I call you out of habit I'm out of love and
I gotta have it
Would you give it to me if I fit your needs
Like when we both knew we had it
But now the damage's done
and we're back out on the run
Funny how ev'rything was roses
when we held on to the guns
Just because you're winnin'
don't mean you're the lucky ones
"