knowing too much

LA323

do u think that knowing to much or researching SA most of the time kinda makes it worse?. I mean cuz instead of just 4getting it and trying to leave it behind us, its like we focus our lives to much in this peace of shit disorder that we think of it by the more and more we try to understand it. I dunno, i just think think we should try 2 not think of it 2 much. Dont get me wrong, being in this forum, and researching it has made me less lonely, and that theres ppl out there with the same issues i have, but sometimes i get 2 much in2 it, that it kinda makes it worse, and i have it more in my head, instead of trying bury it deep in my past. I dunno, what do u guys think ??

Horatio

I prefer knowing about and trying to understand my condition instead of not knowing I even have anything wrong with me and instead simply thinking I was a worthless loser that deserved every laugh I got

at least now I can give the problem a name, making it a lot easier to swear at... infinetly better than thinking I have no mental illness and am just a loser

ppaul

Learn about your condition...... that way you can blame you condition not yourself.

if you get angry. blame your condition. if you get anxious, blame your condition.

Dont blame yourself, thats how we got here in the first place.

The more you learn the more you can see that your "condition" is the problem not you. think of it as a disease.

CBT is the best way to learn about it, because you can personalise it. surfing the internet and hearing other peoples stories is not learning about your condition, its learning about other peoples. see a psychologist for CBT

GettingThere

The first step on the road to recovery for an addict is to recognise and then admit that he/she has a problem. The second step is to formulate and then implement a program for recovery. After this ideally the addict should participate in a support program.

In a way we are addicts. Certainly we have a debilitating condition which can be treated. That is what this forum is all about and it is a good thing for us.

SingaporeGuy

hahah

the more i research, the more i understand abt it, and the more i am motivated to change this crap illness..

well, different people have different way of thinking.. :)