Let's all get together and love ourselves

Soulspectre

Alright guys, how's everyone doing? Listen, I've been thinking a lot as always and I think that one of the reasons we go through these depressing symptoms and anxious downers that we trudge through is that we lose our sense of ourselves along the way. It gets hard to find who you really are when you are so attached to the person you would like to be. But that whole, "person I would like to be" thing is such bullshit, you have to stop for a second and just see us for who we are and LOVE ourselves. Now, I know I'm going to get a few pessimists by wrighting this that say, "Well, it's hard to love yourself when you don't know who you are" in this case I say first things first FIND who you are, and then LOVE it.

I don't mean just a passive "Hey that's the way I am I can't do anything about it." I mean to GENUINELY enjoy being the person that you are right here, right ****ing now, in the present. Socially anxious or not. I think that's the first step in really conquering this psychedelic mind **** known as SA. And next I have to stress the utmost OPTIMISM.

I used to always think the worst out of any situation, even if things went pretty well, I'd have to turn it on the flip side and think about what I should, or shouldn't have done. Learn to laugh at your mistakes, and the stupid shit life throws your way, and really be grateful for all that you have and all you have come to be. Btw, the words that are in all caps are words that I'm trying to emphasize. I hope this has really helped some if not all reading, remember a positive attitude is the key to conquering daily battles.

SickJoke

Hey great advice, especially this:

I don't mean just a passive "Hey that's the way I am I can't do anything about it." I mean to GENUINELY enjoy being the person that you are right here, right ****ing now, in the present. Socially anxious or not. I think that's the first step in really conquering this psychedelic mind **** known as SA. And next I have to stress the utmost OPTIMISM.

This post reminds me of NewPoster111's posts but you worded it more clearly here. Awesome.