Life is up

spaceboy135

I haven't been on here in a while; in fact, I haven't even thought about my SA in a while, even in the times that it acted up. Reason I've stopped coming here is because of how negative this place is. Negative thoughts are not good for your SA. The reason my life's been so good lately is because I've kept SA off my mind, yes, even when it acts up! I don't let it bother me. I choose to see myself as me, Michael, not as some afflicted social cripple.

Life is good right now; I'm working as a cashier at Wal-Mart, enjoying making some money. I get a little stressed and anxious when I have $200 loads of groceries to bag and the people start piling up in line, because people sometimes shout at me for being slow. Which isn't too big a deal to me anymore, because 1) I'm new, and 2) them being upset is THEIR problem, not mine. So I can just relax and not tear myself to pieces trying to hurry as fast as I can so everybody's happy. I get a little better every day I work.

Good thing about Wal-Mart is, it's so insanely busy that you don't have time to think about how long the shift is taking.

I got another 8-hour shift in the morning... I'm only on right now because I'm munching on chips to quell my midnight munchies and needed something to do.

Main thing of it all is, the reaffirmation of the fact that the only thing that causes me social anxiety is eye contact. You can refer to my eye-contact post to see what I mean about that, but... I just think it's a good thing I only have one target to kill (eventually when I have the money to pay a psychiatrist), you know? It's very uplifting every time I think about it. Sometimes I'll get anxious by being in a quiet room with someone or something... but if the eye contact deal were out of the picture, I'd be feeling pretty normal.

Thank you all for reading this!

StupidWiz

I agree about your first paragraph. More negativity won't help your SA, try to be positive and don't think about SA too much.

I'm glad you can deal with being called slow by your customers. I'm still having trouble dealing with awful stuff coming from complete strangers too. Sometimes I bash myself because a complete stranger calls me a failure (in online game). I know I shouldn't do that but that happens almost automatically, probably because having been verbally abused by my mom for years made me like that but I've to fix that. They don't even know me and they have no right to call me that.

Anyway, keep up the good work man, and good luck with your current job. :)