Life not worth living

nonentity

I'm bipolar, and the medication I take prevents manic phases but doesn't even make a dent in my depression. It doesn't help that I'm also severely agoraphobic and have a whopping case of OCD. It's getting increasingly hard to function and deal with life's normal ups and downs, although no one in the world could tell me my life in any way resembles normality. Only prisoners are more isolated than I am, and even they interact with fellow inmates and get visits from friends and relatives. The depression is like this ten ton weight on my shoulders all the time, it's a superhuman effort to just get up in the morning and go through the motions of living. I turn more and more often to my food obsession, I've been dealing with eating disorders since I was eleven. Food is like a drug to me, nothing else gives me such solace. If it wasn't for my cat I'd have no reason to go on living, strange as it sounds. I have no doubt my life will eventually end in suicide. Once my cat dies nothing will obligate me to continue this pointless semblance of a life. I've tried every anti-depressant in existence, and also had years of psychotherapy. What else is left to me? Anyway that's my sob story, somebody play a freaking violin. ugh.

CK23

I'm really sorry to know about your situation... It's such a tough road to recovery when someone's alone and no one cares... I've been there too, and i get frequent depression attacks...Just have faith you know, someone is meant for you... God never leaves us alone forever... Maybe He just wants you to really appreciate a friend when he or she does come along... I feel that people with Social anxiety are really nice and caring towards their friends cos they know the true beauty of friendship unlike those who can talk to anyone at will and take friendship for granted... You're Not Alone :) Cheers!!

johnkiggs

I'm really sorry to know about your position... It's such a rough time to adjust when someone's alone and no one cares... I've been there too, well i think just stay POSITIVE my friend .. and something miracle is definately going to happen i'll pray for you :)
well just to get off! there are alot of research works on net how to get ourself up and rolling you met wanna check it out www.awake2000.com

Cheers

- John Kiggs