Make Iontophoresis work!

skillzx3

Hmmm, I am still not sure on how iontophoresis works. gg1101's proposed theory makes a lot of sense, but so does the other one of blocking the sweat glands by hacing them plugged. I have been on a sea water and glyco mix of water trying to get the sweat to subside, and I have had no luck.
I have also used 90Volts, and had 50mA go through me, for repeated sessions, and that hasn't done it.
I have no evidence both ways, so I was wondering if someone does.
For example, Sprawling, is it the salts in the sea water that make the water ionized (able to conduct electricity) that make your treatments more successful, or is it because the salts clog your pores.
If we are able to figure this out, then we will be able to shut down all the "we are not sure how iontophoreis works, therefore we can't really improve it"
So let's figure this out.

Jezza

I agree adding baking soda or salt doesn't help or at least isn't vital to the process, but does damage the plates so I think it's better to leave those out.

I agree that less water is better, but make sure you cover the area you want to treat, cause in my experience if you don't cover for instance the backsides of your fingers they keep sweating and even seem to start sweating worse.

seekinghelp

This is what works for me:

- Idromed 4, DC
- Hands: 10-11mA for 15 minutes
- Feet: 18mA for 15 minutes
- Tap water, no fairy dust added
- Once dry, I can maintain dryness for about 2-3 weeks; once fingertips get moist, I do about 3 sessions to get them dry again.

This has worked for the past 4 years or so; once you are able to achieve dryness, the psychological improvements are remarkable -- self esteem, confidence on the up.

Within the last year, I was away from my ionto device for a period of two months. Of course, the sweating returned full force -- I'm talking drip, drop intensity from just sitting reading a book to thinking about it.

So, when I returned to my device it took about 10 sessions to return to complete dryness. Again, this protocol was:

- Hands: 10-11mA for 15 minutes
- Feet: 18mA for 15 minutes
- Tap water, no fairy dust added

IMO, the key to ionto is intensity and duration. Intensity is the amount of pins and needle effect you get and duration is how long you can tolerate it; they are inversely proportional. At 10mA, I get a very good pins and needle effect in my hands hands. At 11mA, the pins and needle effect is prominent, and I keep it at this setting as pain allows. At 18mA, my feet get a very nice pins and needle effect, and it is uncomfortable. IMO, the settings you use should deliver a pins and needle effect that is uncomfortable and should make you question, "Is 15 minutes up yet?"

These settings were found with trial and error. Introduce fairy dust after you exhausted several intensity and duration combinations.

If you find this testimonial helpful, I think you should target for 10-15 minute sessions at a current that delivers significant pins and needle effect. Repeat a session a day until dryness is achieved. For me, 10 sessions will achieve complete dryness.

Hope this helps, be in touch with questions.

etsveteran

GG1101, that is one of the most intelligent and interesting posts I have ever read on this subject in my life!!

I found that hard water is the key. Try using either rain water, sea, pond or water from a stream. You can mix half of the above with tap. Save the water when done and reuse. Quantity in the drain seems to have no bearings on the effectiveness... at least for me. In some place tap water just will not work. Adding salt baking soda or whatever else has been suggested has never helped my treatment. Rain water is my magic bullet.

I definitely agree. The water I use is hard and I saw results(not entirely 100% dryness but dryness nonetheless) after my first ionto session. I'd be concerned about the rain water but if it works then all the power to you.

sweaty1

the water is important for me, so when i am on holidays i take a 5 litre tap water bottle with me. this tip i found in the iontophoresis an hyperhidrosis online forum . i could get access there in the internal boards when i bought my machine Idromed 5 PC : for me recommendable hyperhidrosis solution site, the staff was very helpful there.
rainwater has no ions in, or? so what shall conduct then the electricity? i have heard about using additional seawater would help too? this makes more sense then rainwater i think - however i will not try both types cause i would not touch a running system, i am so happy to be dry after all these years :)

Last edited: