Married but wishing I had my old life back

DanielLewis

I would do that in a flash but when you’ve had bad experiences behind the wheel, including embarrassing ones in front of family add to that general no knowledge on cars and thinking negative things then it’s not as easy as you might think.

It's not easy for any of us. We all have bad experiences with different things. I've had a bad experience with women. The only woman that I dated rejected me after 3 dates. I'm 23-years-old, but I'm not going to let this bad experience stop me from dating more women. I definitely learned from it.

It's true that it really comes down to how you look at it. I don't know what embarrassing experiences you had driving. Probably an accident or two? I've also been in an accident and did some embarrassing things driving. I've bumped gently into a car in front of me and the guy got out and yelled at me and motioned to the cop (which just so happened to be at the red light next to me) to get me in trouble. Embarrassing indeed, but it means nothing anymore. I've also crashed into a car in front of me during winter on slippery roads. I've learned to drive more carefully and be more alert now. You just need to look at what you've learned from the negative experiences. Look at the positive.

I have hardly any knowledge on cars and that makes me slightly anxious about driving as well because I'm afraid I'm letting something go on my car that will result in a mechanical failure and cause an accident. But I can't let this all hold me back from driving. I got to get around to places. I'm sure you need to as well. And I'm sure your family is encouraging you to drive again. They're supportive, aren't they?

Cetnien

They say that marriage can be very complicated and demanding, though you may hear people say that its a money grab. Although it can also be good too, like depending on the relationship. I for one haven't gotten married but if I did, I would only marry the person if I had extreme feelings for physically and mentally. I'm sorry to hear that the anxiety to go out and do things is rough but like most of the people here said; fight your fears and get out of your comfort zone. Not trying to implying it in a bad way; but the truth.

SilentAndShy

And I'm sure your family is encouraging you to drive again. They're supportive, aren't they?

It's the elephant in the room really. They don't broach the subject too many times - maybe sense an uneasiness in me. But sometimes they do but in a "when are you getting off your *** and driving" rather than a "hey, if you want to get driving again, let me know, will help you get a car etc". What makes it worse is having cousins come and interrogate me on my lack of driving and dumbing me down because, shock horror, I'm not on the same level as my contemporaries who are car mad, have a car and a social enjoyers.