Maybe we're "meant" to be different

oolceeoo

I know having HH is tough. It severely limits what you can do, but maybe we're meant to be evolved beings. Personally, I think having a different viewpoint in life from others is not a bad thing. My hands and feet are always dripping, but I have a strong faith in God and believe that He made me this way for a reason.

Have you ever noticed that Jesus had his hands and feet nailed to the cross? Does this have any similarities to how our hands and feet are "nailed" in a way? Maybe we're the next step in human evolution, not meant to follow what everyone else does.

It could very well be that we are meant to be more spiritual and not physical. Have you ever heard of the Age of Aquarius:http://in5d.com/images/aquarius1bs.jpg. Notice how water (sweat) is pouring forth?

I know you probably think this is all hog-wash, but maybe there is a very important reason why we have this condition that we haven't considered. I make this post because a person in another post is talking about his mind "snapping" and doing something stupid, when it might just be a big misunderstanding.

gg1101

I love how you talk about god and about evolution all in the same post. **** cracks me up.

How about you pray for your HH to be cured? Ohh, that's right. It won't do a damn thing.

Your god is either not omnipotent or a malevolent *******. I gave up on god being able to cure my HH a long time ago. I'll stick to science.

Foxface

What is God's reason or making my life extremely miserable???

Maybe us loners shout form groups all over the world, and meet up someone. I'll form a group in the HRM. Call it, Haliax Loners group. For Halifax and sourrounding areas.

oolceeoo

I love how you talk about god and about evolution all in the same post. **** cracks me up.

How about you pray for your HH to be cured? Ohh, that's right. It won't do a damn thing.

Your god is either not omnipotent or a malevolent *******. I gave up on god being able to cure my HH a long time ago. I'll stick to science.

Why do God and evolution have to be mutually exclusive?

zhaich

I would ask who or what exactly your "god" is before going further. God is different for everybody, being religious or not. Most people seem to believe in the Christian God however and don't go any deeper than that, which I personally believe is a mistake.

But I do agree with one thing you've said, we were made this way for a reason.

oolceeoo

What is God's reason or making my life extremely miserable???

Maybe us loners shout form groups all over the world, and meet up someone. I'll form a group in the HRM. Call it, Haliax Loners group. For Halifax and sourrounding areas.

Well, I believe our purpose is hidden. Water is constantly pouring out of us, and science can't explain it. So if the scientific explanation leaves a lot of questions, maybe we should consider another reason, that's all. I don't understand why any explanation besides scientific is met with such scorn these days.

oolceeoo

I would ask who or what exactly your "god" is before going further. God is different for everybody, being religious or not. Most people seem to believe in the Christian God however and don't go any deeper than that, which I personally believe is a mistake.

But I do agree with one thing you've said, we were made this way for a reason.

The spiritual side to humanity; the unseen world which is kept hidden from our senses. I cannot physically touch people because of my HH, so I've been thinking that I'm meant to do things in other non-physical ways. Heck, if I did not have HH, I would never even entertain the thought that anything exists besides what our senses present to us.

zhaich

The spiritual side to humanity; the unseen world which is kept hidden from our senses. I cannot physically touch people because of my HH, so I've been thinking that I'm meant to do things in other non-physical ways. Heck, if I did not have HH, I would never even entertain the thought that anything exists besides what our senses present to us.

The spiritual world is as real as the material, but since most people only focus on their physical senses instead of their intuition, they have a hard time seeing it if at all.

It's easy to believe what our senses tell us. But what our senses tells us cannot be assumed to be the entirety of reality, it is simply how our senses have been programmed. A dog's sense of smell is 10,000 times greater than ours and certainly, their experience is much different from ours, at least in the realm of smell. Eagles can spot small animals from miles away with their sharp sight, easily from heights greater than 10,000 ft. A sharks vision can detect electrical fields in the water.

My point is that our physical senses do not show us the entirely of reality. It is often through our limitations that we learn these things...

I do not have HH so I cannot relate there, but I would imagine this being a fine time to examine your spiritual self and learning the best use for it. This is a material world so this may be difficult, but I started with my perspective on life itself: the current material world indicates a lack of spirituality (or the awareness of it) and I worked from there.

I hope you work something out. Developing your invisible side can be a lengthy process and I wish you luck.

gg1101

Why do God and evolution have to be mutually exclusive?

Believing that a god created everything through intelligent design is a belief that cannot be tested by an experiment or observation. Evolution, on the other hand, can. There is no evidence that some things were designed, while there is plenty of evidence of evolution.

If there is a god and it did create us to have HH, then I stand by my assertion that it is, indeed, a cruel prick. Next I guess you will decide that the devil gave you HH; that you sweat so much because you are a sinner and the sweat is a result of the fires of hell burning your body from the inside out. Give me a break.

Scientology is just as much of a legitimate religion as Christianity. The are both ridiculous.

Everett

Believing that a god created everything through intelligent design is a belief that cannot be tested by an experiment or observation. Evolution, on the other hand, can. There is no evidence that some things were designed, while there is plenty of evidence of evolution.

If there is a god and it did create us to have HH, then I stand by my assertion that it is, indeed, a cruel prick. Next I guess you will decide that the devil gave you HH; that you sweat so much because you are a sinner and the sweat is a result of the fires of hell burning your body from the inside out. Give me a break.

Scientology is just as much of a legitimate religion as Christianity. The are both ridiculous.

Ever hear of Francis Collins? He's the director of the NIH and headed the Human Genome Project. He calls intelligent design ludicrous, but believes in what he calls BioLogos, or evolutionary creationism. Basically, he believes that God implemented evolution; think about it, if you could create a computer program that can change on its own to evolve to fit any circumstance, wouldnt that be the most practical program ever created?

oolceeoo

Did you even read my original post? It said nothing of being punished, the devil, or Scientology. I was only offering a different perspective of HH, instead of thinking of it as a curse. Simply mentioning key words like Jesus, Muhammad, Adam and Eve, or God makes certain people furious and not even read what's being written.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
You guys aren't different. You just deal with different problems than other people.

You have HH, the person next to you is dealing with SA, the other is dealing with Depression, someone else might not be dealing witn any of these but lost a loved one or has money issues, and the list goes on.

Try not to label yourself as "different". You are as special as the person next to you. In the moment you start calling yourself different, you start isolating yourself. Everyone is equal, we just deal with different problems, is all.

I've said something like this on a different thread before. Haha, I feel like I'm being repetitive ::p:

OceanMist

I think I'm definitely different. Pretty much everyone I've known has more of a social life than I do, and about 99% of people that I've ever met socialize more than I do. I've always felt like an outsider and many people have treated me like an outsider due to my quietness.

I don't have HH, but I have questioned why God gave me an anxiety disorder to deal with and caused so much suffering. I thought it may be a character building thing but I really don't know. It seems kind of silly to question God, it's not like I know everything.

The thing that I don't like is that I've never seen anything positive come from my shyness and anxiety. It's all been negative.

It's amazing how when someone mentions God, a "does God exist" argument arises. That wasn't even the point of this thread. Nobody is telling anyone to believe in God. If you don't, that's totally cool.

Sprawling

Sometimes we need to seek out the positive, or we can just live in the negative. I socially held back in my younger years do to drippy hands. As I got older I ventured out with my drippy hands. Both ways I was anxious, yet chose to carry on to the best of my ability... unless I couldn't.