Meeting online contacts ;)

renegade

I was just wondering, how many of you make up excuses when a person you chat to gets very close to you wants to meet you ?

Do you make up an excuse or go and meet her/him ? :)

Cause i'm having a very hard time with a girl i've been talking to, and she seems to care a lot about me. But I can't find the guts to meet her.

So I'm eager to hear your experiences.

redlady

What are you worried about exactly ? Never met anyone - might do early next year...see how things go. If you havn't met her by then than i will tell you how i went.

fallenfeather

7 years ago I met a girl online and we chatted for a few nights. She was in London and I was in Ireland. We rather quickly swapped numbers and started talking on the phone. We talked almost every night for 4 years during which time we became absolutely crazy about each other. We both went in and out of relationships but secretly were inlove with eachother and wished we could be together. At the start of the last of those four years I met a girl over here in Ireland and it became a long term relationship of 2 years. After a year of this, Alice (the London girl) realised that her part in my life was causing problems with my Girlfriend, and so Alice did an honourable thing and said she had to let me go for the sake of my relationship with my girlfriend (it was causing major problems). So, for a year Alice and I did not speak. We both moved on and that was it. I was never to hear from her again. Until, At the end of that year of no contact I realised enough was enough. I could not shake my love for Alice no matter how hard I tried to make myself feel it for Katie. I got my phone one night and I dialled Alices number and she picked up not knowing who it was. I just said "hey Alice" and she hung up!!!

Then she text me saying "I know who this is. I alsmot just fainted"

So you can imagine my stress asI though this was a negative response! She called me back that night and explained that her boyfriend who she now LIVED WITH was there and they also had many problems because of her love for me! Wow!!

After ten minutes of talking I realised I'd never felt so alive and happy and that Katie just dod not make me happy :(

So, Alice and I entered into a secret friendship where we'd talk late at night and have to hide it from our partners. Tis went on for a few months and then I ended it with Katie and Alice ended it with her boyfriend. We kept talking for another month and then exactly one week befire Valentines day Alice said we had to meet and that we should let go of all our fears and meet up on Valentines day!! HOly flip I thought!!!

But after 3 days of persuasion and eventually an ultimatum of "it's now or never" from Alice I agreed. I wish I'd had the xanax back then! lol

So I'm at the airport. It's valentines day 2004. And she calls my mobile - somthing I was wel used to over the previous 5 years - but this time she says "I'll see you in 5 minutes" OH MY GOD!!! I was sh1tting myself!

Next thing my phone rings again and it's her. She says she's walking towards the doors where I was standing. I had no idea what she looked like so anything could have happened. I kept thinking what if she's stunning but doesn't find me that attractive or what if I don't find her attractive enough and we end up just friends. I was in love with this girl!!

So we're talking as she's walking to get to where I am and then I see this girl talking on her phone in the distance walking towards me. She is stunning!! 5'5, very slim, but very busty, light bworn hair with blonde highlights, stunning blue eyes, full lips. Just gorgeous. She is one of the prettiest girls I've ever seen and I think to myself no way, that can't be her!! She walked right up to me and nervously says "hi" on the phone but while standing right infront of me!

I say hi back into the phone and she smiles and hangs up and puts her phone in her handbag.

Now, in all the 5 years I was so so used to her hanging up and everything going silent so you can imagine how weird it was to hear the phone go dead but still have her there!!

So I say " how was the flight"

She giggles and says "aren't you going to hang up yet?"

OH MY GOD!! I still had the phone up to my ear!! LOL

What an idot!

So we chat for a while and then get in the cab.

At this point I'm thinking she looks like a model and there's no way she finds me attractive enough to take it further than friendhip

Then we sit in the cab in silence and text eachother because I guess it was something that were were so used to doing over the 5 years.

Her first text read "I always imagined you were good looking but oh my god you are gorgeous in real life"

RESULT!!!! :) :)

So at this point I'm like phew! and I start to relax........

Next thing you know she's flying over 3 weekends in a month every month and we've been together for a year and 9 months!! And we're getting engaged all being well next year! It's been 7 years since we first spoke and I've been inlove with her for all that time!! She was my dream and I got her!

So the moral of the story is: Take the risk and meet this girl!!! You never know what might come of it!

Life is full of opportunities! Grab them while you're still young!!

Claireabell

Thats a beautiful story fallen feather. I too want to wish you lots of luck for the future.

I recently met up with an 'Online Friend' and although we havent known each other for years we had lots in common and definately had a connection almost from the start. Things progressed very quickly and soon we were talking on the phone several times a day. We could talk about anything and everything, we were open and honest right from the start. As soon as the call ended we started to miss each other. We fell in love and although many will say how can you fall in love with someone you have never met but it can and does happen and we are proof of that. The big problem was where we live, I was in Bristol, England and he lives in N Ireland but we are managing to overcome the distance, it is far from easy but we have made plans to live together but these things dont happen overnight :(

I would say Go For It, you will be nervous at first but so will the other person especially if they have SA or you have told them about your own SA problems. You can have good friendships or a relationship from meeting up with people that you have met online.

Claire

renegade

Wow, fallenfeather, really amazing story you got there :) It looks that you had more than one girl in your life. I'm happy 4 u 2. 8)

redlady said:
What are you worried about exactly ? Never met anyone - might do early next year...see how things go. If you havn't met her by then than i will tell you how i went.

I'm worried that she wouldn't like the real me compared to the online me, cause i hardley say anything in reality, my mind goes blank due to the anxiety and I look like a cornered rabbit. And I think I got involved 2 much and a rejection will make me feel like the most miserable person on earth.

By the way, she lives in the same city i do, that's good. But I'm gonna wait for 2 more weeks cause i'm starting taking meds today and I want to wait for their effect.

I wish you all the best, redlady :p

yetisbabe said:
I think that yous should take a chance and meet people if you are able. Of course...like steve-182 said...you have to be mindful of safety, but unless you take a chance...you will never know.

Good luck! xx

You're wright there. If i don't give it a shot i will never know. I'll keep that in mind. I missed many opportunities like that, in fact, all of them till now. I hope i'm now able to make my first move ever. Thx for the advice, yetisbabe !

Hope 2 hear other stories from you guys.

LittleMissScareAll

If it's somebody not too far away who wants to meet me and I want to meet them then we do...but if both of us arent really, really interested, then I dont see the point.

fallenfeather said:
7 years ago I met a girl online and we chatted for a few nights. She was in London and I was in Ireland. We rather quickly swapped numbers and started talking on the phone. We talked almost every night for 4 years during which time we became absolutely crazy about each other. We both went in and out of relationships but secretly were inlove with eachother and wished we could be together. At the start of the last of those four years I met a girl over here in Ireland and it became a long term relationship of 2 years. After a year of this, Alice (the London girl) realised that her part in my life was causing problems with my Girlfriend, and so Alice did an honourable thing and said she had to let me go for the sake of my relationship with my girlfriend (it was causing major problems). So, for a year Alice and I did not speak. We both moved on and that was it. I was never to hear from her again. Until, At the end of that year of no contact I realised enough was enough. I could not shake my love for Alice no matter how hard I tried to make myself feel it for Katie. I got my phone one night and I dialled Alices number and she picked up not knowing who it was. I just said "hey Alice" and she hung up!!!

So you can imagine my stress asI though this was a negative response! She called me back that night and explained that her boyfriend who she now LIVED WITH was there and they also had many problems because of her love for me! Wow!!

After ten minutes of talking I realised I'd never felt so alive and happy and that Katie just dod not make me happy :(

So, Alice and I entered into a secret friendship where we'd talk late at night and have to hide it from our partners. Tis went on for a few months and then I ended it with Katie and Alice ended it with her boyfriend. We kept talking for another month and then exactly one week befire Valentines day Alice said we had to meet and that we should let go of all our fears and meet up on Valentines day!! HOly flip I thought!!!

But after 3 days of persuasion and eventually an ultimatum of "it's now or never" from Alice I agreed. I wish I'd had the xanax back then! lol

So I'm at the airport. It's valentines day 2004. And she calls my mobile - somthing I was wel used to over the previous 5 years - but this time she says "I'll see you in 5 minutes" OH MY GOD!!! I was sh1tting myself!

Next thing my phone rings again and it's her. She says she's walking towards the doors where I was standing. I had no idea what she looked like so anything could have happened. I kept thinking what if she's stunning but doesn't find me that attractive or what if I don't find her attractive enough and we end up just friends. I was in love with this girl!!

So we're talking as she's walking to get to where I am and then I see this girl talking on her phone in the distance walking towards me. She is stunning!! 5'5, very slim, but very busty, light bworn hair with blonde highlights, stunning blue eyes, full lips. Just gorgeous. She is one of the prettiest girls I've ever seen and I think to myself no way, that can't be her!! She walked right up to me and nervously says "hi" on the phone but while standing right infront of me!

I say hi back into the phone and she smiles and hangs up and puts her phone in her handbag.

Now, in all the 5 years I was so so used to her hanging up and everything going silent so you can imagine how weird it was to hear the phone go dead but still have her there!!

What an idot!

At this point I'm thinking she looks like a model and there's no way she finds me attractive enough to take it further than friendhip

Then we sit in the cab in silence and text eachother because I guess it was something that were were so used to doing over the 5 years.

Her first text read "I always imagined you were good looking but oh my god you are gorgeous in real life"

Next thing you know she's flying over 3 weekends in a month every month and we've been together for a year and 9 months!! And we're getting engaged all being well next year! It's been 7 years since we first spoke and I've been inlove with her for all that time!! She was my dream and I got her!

So the moral of the story is: Take the risk and meet this girl!!! You never know what might come of it!

oh my gawd this is awesome...completely mindblowing!! 1 of the best love stories ive read or heard.
congratulations to u n alice!!!!
oh how i wish this wud happen to me but being a sufferer of sa i always feel no 1 willl ever love me. u must be a social phobic since u r on this site. did tht never come in between ur love ??

Morpheusz

The first person I ever meet online just happened to live in Birmingham, UK.
I would chat online for hours and eventually we started talking over the phone. One day, I got laid off from work and I gave her a call. We talked on the phone for a while and somewhere in the conversation I told her I was thinking about visiting her in UK. She welcomed the idea and about a month later, I traveled from CT,USA to Birmingham, UK. I was a total wreck but at the same time I was excited. We hit it off at the airport and I stayed with her for the next two weeks. It was a great experience. I kept in contact with her throughout the years but we both knew a long distance relationship could never work.

I say you should just go out and meet this girl. Great Story Fallenfeather..... Hollywood should make a film out it....

Todd

renegade

Here is me again. After 1 month or so of long distance relanshionship I decided that you can't share love by chat and phone, btw , my phone bill is 200 $ :oops: I ussusaly payed 10 $ a month reggurally, but you just got to hear the voice of the one you love so much...that money doesn't matter no more.

So, the idea of really being loved by somebody gave me wings and was a 100 % cure for my depression. Now I'm working on my SP with teraphy and meds.

So I had the guts to ask 3 girls their number to date them. I still love the girl from my first relashionship, but...it was mostly virtual love cause we couldn't see eachother for only a few days a month. I will try to forget all the beautifull moments we had cause i miss her so much... :cry:

So I dated some girl from my list who fell in love with the ''virtual me'', I hope she likes the real me too, if not, fuck it...i'm gonna date all my female messenger contacts from my city. I now know that I was meant to be really loved by a girl :D and that my friends can turn your life around, belive me.

I preveosly talked to another one to meet, but she refusez to meet me, dunno why, i insisted and insisted and she told me she had social phobia, but not that bad...could be, more like shyness, i guess that is the reason she avoids meeting me.

So this week i'm going to meet this girl 18 years old, she is cute, now wish me luck guys :wink:

I'm really starting to get better and i can't belive it. Even now I can't belive that girl that i broke up with really loved me 8O but ''shit'' happens :lol:

Wish u guys all the best and don't miss any oportunity you have, I was a total wreck when i first met her, close to fainting, but it was worth it. :wink:

fallenfeather said:

What an idot!

OMG, what an awesome story. Good luck with your gf m8.

KevVversion1

I've met loads of people online and never get nervous because I know I have drink and fags to help me get throught it.

Not perfect but I know without them I wouldnt meet anybody so it's better than regretting and I would still be a virgin if I never met anybody offline like I was till 25 but now I've met loads of have had 4 diffrent girlfriends.

CHE

KevVversion1 said:
I've met loads of people online and never get nervous because I know I have drink and fags to help me get throught it.

Not perfect but I know without them I wouldnt meet anybody so it's better than regretting and I would still be a virgin if I never met anybody offline like I was till 25 but now I've met loads of have had 4 diffrent girlfriends.

Im the say way pretty much, Have the girls i slept wit hwere fro mthe msn shit. Either i barley talked to them in real life before it, or i got there addy off Nexopia and we hit it off.