MiraDry Underarm Procedure

husky337

Has anyone tried this yet???

www.miradry.com | axillary hyperhidrosis treatment to stop excessive sweating without surgery |

As someone who has severe HH in the underarms, feet, and hands, I was looking at getting this procedure done for my underarms (wish and pray it could/will be able to be performed on my hands and feet in the near future...prefer this of course over ETS).

Just wanted to see if anyone has had this done yet and what their results were like, if there was any compensatory sweating, if it really was an elimination of underarm sweat, etc..

Thanks guys.

KareBear

You could always get Botox injection in your hands for sweating. I'm thinking about trying that out for my underarms. I had never heard of MiraDry til now!

gg1101

I've never heard of it. I am going to contact the closest doctor that does it to inquire about the procedure and costs.

I've heard that it costs about $3,000 for two procedures on each arm. You have two procedures 3 months apart and they last about an hour long each. There's some videos on YouTube you should check out too.

I live in the UK and I recently emailed them about the possibility of MiraDry coming to the UK (as it's only available in the US and Japan at the moment) and they hinted at the end of 2013. I wonder if it'll be on the NHS...

Anyway, this looks very exciting. I think I'll wait for more people to have it done and hear their experiences of it before I consider it. I read an article on The New York Times about it and the journalist who had it done said that he found it very painful and not that very effective afterwards.

Jezza

I've heard that it costs about $3,000 for two procedures on each arm. You have two procedures 3 months apart and they last about an hour long each. There's some videos on YouTube you should check out too.

I live in the UK and I recently emailed them about the possibility of MiraDry coming to the UK (as it's only available in the US and Japan at the moment) and they hinted at the end of 2013. I wonder if it'll be on the NHS...

Anyway, this looks very exciting. I think I'll wait for more people to have it done and hear their experiences of it before I consider it. I read an article on The New York Times about it and the journalist who had it done said that he found it very painful and not that very effective afterwards.

I've read a similar story (maybe the same one) some time ago, can't remember exactly where though. It's a promising procedure but there are likely a few kinks on the road for now as practisioners don't have any experience yet of how to do it effectively but as painless as possible. If you search 'miradry experience' on google you get a bunch of results already though, some positive, some not.

For me personally it probably wouldn't be worth it anyway since my HH is so generalised that the armpits are not my highest priority and as this procedure works by damaging the nerves it probably won't be possible to do it on hands or anywhere near the spine.

For people where axillary HH is the biggest problem, I think I would prefer good ald fashioned sweat gland curretage.

Etbow23

what are the health risks?

I personally am always concerned about sweat marks. Usually although I want to wear clothes that hug my body to places like work and such I don't because I just know there will be a sweat mark there. I don't use antiperspirant though because of the aluminum and other ingredients. I use natural deodorant combined with baking soda. Sounds weird but keeps me smell free all day. In terms of how much a perspire, same amount as when I used to use antiperspirants.

I'm just nervous about any procedure that alters the body's natural process of sweating. Although it would be great not to sweat anymore! hypothetically...

jayg84

I have looked online for miradry and have seen that PHI Clinic appear to do it, they have a video about it on the web page with a lady talking about the procedure. It says from £2000 on there though.. I will investigate as that is much cheaper than I have seen. perhaps its £2000 for 1 treatment:)

Lilly789

I wonder how a persons nervous system reacts to this procedure.

Simply removing the sweat glands (or "killing" them as this implies), does not address the root problem, which is an over sympathetic nervous system.

Remove the glands and your system remains over sympathetic regardless.

botox addresses the neurons, CTS addresses the nervous system directly.. this doesn't do either. With Miradry, your nervous system is still there, and still going haywire, and you have removed its outlet. hmm what now?

Id wait until there were a few more years of research and experience with this procedure before I did it. Everything is safe until proven otherwise - its the nature of science.
Even if it is safe, that doesn't mean there's no horrible / unwanted symptoms that don't appear until a few years down the track - this procedure hasn't been around long enough for them to know. It was only INVENTED in 2006.

Id be using Botox (which has 30 years of research and long term results behind it ) until Miradry has proven itself...

NickM

MiraDry just destroys the sweat glands. Their only function is to cool the body. It's a good thing that this doesn't affect the nervous system. It's like removing a link of the chain at the end, which results in it safely not hurting the rest of the chain of the nervous system. MiraDry is safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ctguy30

Mira dry looks safe, and I'm going to look into it. I've had two botox injection rounds for my underarms and it's worked for 6-9 months an injection round but I'm scared to keep on using botox as there has to be a bit that is sent through your whole system upon injection which isn't good I think over the long term. I mean yea our sympathetic nervous system is "broken" anyways but I think long term botox while a quick solution, may assist in long term issues. The two times I've had the rounds I've felt bad flu like synthoms for the following two days.
Now it's hot weather again here for summer in the USA, and it's doubled my sweating again and the only thing that's worked for me is botox but I'm going to look into mira now.