moderators please help

creep_x

i haven't been able to access chat since months.. this is really making me feel so fkin isolated.. i made another id & i tried logging using another computer just tocheck if i was banned or something but i still got the same error (which means i haven't been banned)... ur country doesnt have the permission to access chat..something like that... i ll copy/paste the exact error message soon.. help!

aj

If you can't use it through the site you should still be able to do it with a separate IRC program :) ask if you want help with that.

If it's an IRC channel it should be accessible from any client like pidgin/trillian/xchat/kopete/konversation, but I can't find what server/channel it was on.

Various other things are broken (forum jump, poll), so I wouldn't count on anyone fixing anything.

If you use a seperate program, just type in /server hispano and then when you connect /join #spw. If there aren't any other problems, than that should work to getting into the channel. The chat also isn't connect to the site so any moderators here wouldn't do you any good.

creep_x

thanks for posting guys.
can anyone suggest me a link from where i can download that program?

creep_x

ok i downloaded pidgin
can anybody please tell me which protocol do I use? Do i use IRC?
i guess i use my username creep_x?
which domain/resource do i use?
Anything else I need to know?
sorry but I am really new to this

aj

Let's see...

Add a new account and, yep, change the protocol to IRC
Enter creep_x as your username
Change the server to luna.irc-hispano.org
Ignore the other stuff and click save
You can close the chat window if it pops up
Go to buddies > add chat, enter #spw as the channel and click add
Now to join the room you should be able to just double-click #spw on your buddy list

I've not uesd Pidgin for IRC myself so hopefully that'll do it ;)