More Afraid of Strangers or People You Know?

DT123

People I know by FAR. I am completely 100% fine around strangers...they know nothing about me, it is easier to talk to them (just ask a lot of questions) and you don't have to care what they think of you because you will most likely never see them again.... For that reason I do great at things like interviews and presentations....

BUT...

I have only a few friends and if I see them I avoid them. If I see them in a public space, my first instinct is to get away fast...not because I don't like the person, it's really because I usually have nothing to say to them and I feel like they expect more of me. I wish this weren't the case, I have lost a lot of really close friends because of it....

The only people I don't avoid who I know are my family...

EDIT: This has been a major problem for me as I give people great first impressions (funny, outgoing, etc.) and then I can't get any closer to them than that and I am never comfortable at any future meeting. That's why the few friends that I still have I made in the "pre-sa" days. Except for one, and that is only because I am exposed to him CONSTANTLY (being my roommate and all), so I am comfortable around him...