Movies About Transformation of Shy People

sugaryberries

I just saw this movie called The Shape of Things. I liked it because it was a cool interesting concept. I won't give it away, but it's about this outgoing woman who dates this shy man and he starts to change.

Has anyone seen that movie or any other movies like it? Other than In the Company of Men.

DazedNConfused

sugaryberries said:
I just saw this movie called The Shape of Things. I liked it because it was a cool interesting concept. I won't give it away, but it's about this outgoing woman who dates this shy man and he starts to change.

Has anyone seen that movie or any other movies like it? Other than In the Company of Men.

No, but I would like to!

FaymeLevy

didnt they do that alot for those teen movies? I think that was a pretty common theme for them.

sugaryberries

didnt they do that alot for those teen movies? I think that was a pretty common theme for them.

I meant 'serious' movies. I don't consider teen movies to be serious- though they are funny.

redlady

Well this isn't really serious and it wasn't that good either but that "Bedazzled" with Brandon Fraser. Once a shy, what geek? then the devil got her hands on him and alacazam.

nighthawk

Here are a few titles. Sorry for the long summaries, just cut and pasted 'em(well duh! lol). They aren't spoilers though. Hope this helps. PEACE

1. Punch-Drunk Love

Synopsis from www.rottentomatoes.com
Barry Egan is a quiet, shy, socially awkward man with an office in an out-of-the-way warehouse. He is dedicated to his job as a wholesale toilet plunger salesman, he keeps a nice apartment, and he is obsessed with special offers on grocery store products. Barry's latest fixation is on frequent flier miles included with the purchase of Healthy Choice foods. Barry wears a bright blue suit, though he doesn't know why. With seven outspoken sisters, Barry is constantly being nagged, questioned, and berated. He is challenged to explain the reasons for his actions, and it eventually becomes clear that Barry cannot control his often-violent impulses, a trait which is increasingly problematic. When a beautiful woman, Lena Leonard (Emily Watson), walks into his life with an instinctive attraction to him, a nonjudgmental attitude, and unconditional love, Barry undergoes a powerful transformation.

2. Untamed Heart (1993)

A tender tale about the romance between Adam, a severely introverted busboy with a congenital heart problem and Caroline, a waitress with a penchant for men who reject her. Walking home late one night from the Minneapolis diner where she and Adam work, Caroline is attacked by two thugs. Just as they are about to rape her, Adam miraculously appears and beats the living daylights out of the two guys. To her surprise, Caroline discovers that the shy, silent Adam has been infatuated with her from afar and has even followed her home every night to make sure nothing happens to her along the way. Won over by his sweetness and devotion, Caroline enters into a tentative relationship with Adam, gently guiding him through his first experience with physical and emotional intimacy.

3. The Girl in the Cafe

redlady

Anger Management - well being made to sing "I feel pretty" is bound to transform anyone.

DazedNConfused

One movie I can think of is Awakenings (A very, very, VERY good movie), but it wasn't romance that woke Dr. Sayre, but his patients (well, and the head nurse to some extent)