Movies with Social Anxiety

Richey

Almost every character from comedy series "The Office" :D

Ben Stiller in most of his films has social anxiety.

dottie

Richey said:
Ben Stiller in most of his films has social anxiety.

omg yes! i love that about his movies. sometimes he says some of the most awkward, ill-fitting lines that none of the other characters know how to accept and that is so relatable!

EscapeArtist

I think I already posted this in another movie topic but He Was A Quiet Man. They never say he has it, but he's very awkward socially.

Mr.Moon

DENSHA OTOKO :D

God I love that show, it also has a movie and it is based on a real life event that someone went through. I'm telling ya.. go check it out~ It's my favorite. It's about this Otaku guy who is pretty phobic and only goes out to anime events and his job. He saves a girl on a train clumsily and spends the series figuring out how to get her attention 'n such with the help of internet buddy's.

IamThisOne

DENSHA OTOKO :D

God I love that show, it also has a movie and it is based on a real life event that someone went through. I'm telling ya.. go check it out~ It's my favorite. It's about this Otaku guy who is pretty phobic and only goes out to anime events and his job. He saves a girl on a train clumsily and spends the series figuring out how to get her attention 'n such with the help of internet buddy's.

Watching part of the first episode on youtube. Oh my god this show is so funny.

R3K

Going All the Way.. with Ben Affleck 1997.. the character looks like a nervous wreck through most of the movie.

HopelessMess

Lt. Reginald Barclay in Star Trek: The Next Generation either has social phobia or AvPD.
This is an excellent one that I hadn't even thought of recently!

Now I'm going to show what a Trek geek I am(but oddly enough I hate the original series)... Anyway, remember the episode where Barclay makes a holographic copy of the entire crew in the holodeck, only the copy of the crew REALLY like him and think he is a genius. Complete social approval and acceptance, every social phobic's dream. Of course, the sad ending is when everyone discovers what he has done and he gets chastised and has to endure the humiliation of explaining why he did it.

drumev

The movie "Adam" is about Asperger's syndrome, but I'm sure alot of guys with SA could relate. :)

Social_Monstrosity

Billy from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest displays some symptoms of social anxiety. One of my favorite films btw. Simply amazing and I advise ALL of you to see it.