My deoderent is making me itch like crazy...

LiquidPulse

My deoderant that contains Aluminium Chloride 20% is making me itch like crazy when i have it on.. to the point that i dont sleep the night i put it on. What can i do to eliminate or reduce the irritation?

IceLad

Leave it off for a few days to allow your armpits time to recover, then apply it sparingly. I've been there and done that already- my itching got really bad.

dazedandconfused

I found that a 12% concentration is easier to use and seemingly just as effective. Certain-dri can be found in most pharmacies.

dazedandconfused

Normally with Certain-Dri...I put it on for 4 or 5 days straight at night...and take a day off. It will still irritate your underarms..just not nearly as much.

salli

mostly it is bcause of the alcohol inside the ap? take a look to a non alcoholic antiperspirant like a antiperspirant creme -- maybe it is worth for you a trial

Last edited:

karl:-/

For armpits I tried every thing had ETS surgeries done got worse HH then ever now I've found Ditropan,,, 2.5mg 3 times a day maybe this will stop it all together for you please try it better than what some of us have and still are going through... :)

SM1010

With the Aluminum Chloride antiperspirants it's fine to scratch, just not with your fingernails.

Let it dry and soak in (so you don't rub it all off) then put a shirt on and feel free to scratch the hell out of yourself. I've found as long as you've got some type of cloth between your fingers and your underarms scratching won't irritate it.