My Fears

thursdays_child

I am not considered to have OCD, because it's considered a symptom of my BPD. Anyway, I suffer with intrusive thoughts so constantly, that my anxiety is pretty much always through the roof.

I suffer with:

- constant fear of something happening to me or loved ones (and all sorts of visualizations of all kinds of things happening).

- constant fear that my house is on fire (and no, I have not ever had a traumatic experience with fire).

- fear that I'm going to kill or hurt loved ones or pets.

- fear that I'm going to do inappropriate things when alone with people.

To sum it up, constant fears of terrible things happening to me/loved ones, and fears that I'm not in control of myself (and fears that the fears are actually urges and not just fears).

Thanks to the internet, I know I'm not alone...but it doesn't make it much easier to cope. The obsessive fears are all-consuming.

Last edited:

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I have a long list of fears too, but are those things symptom of BPD, OCD or what? I am confused now...

thursdays_child

I have never known those to be symptoms of BPD i mean it could be, i have never researched BPD. I do know that all of the things listed above are typical OCD thoughts/obsessions/symptoms.

It's complicated. Not everyone with BPD has OCD symptoms, but if you do, it's not considered a separate disorder, it's considered part of your BPD. Of course, if you don't have BPD, OCD symptoms are just considered OCD.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I have never known those to be symptoms of BPD i mean it could be, i have never researched BPD. I do know that all of the things listed above are typical OCD thoughts/obsessions/symptoms.

Yeah, i thought so too... But it's always good to ask, just to make sure :p

thursdays_child

I have them also. I started having them about a year ago and they are no much less intense, i know what you are going through.

While it's good to know I'm not alone, I'm still sorry others have to go through the same thing. It's horrible. I hope it gets better for you.