my girlfriend has social phobia what can i do about it!

halsted

hello all,
i dont know if there is similar topic post it on this forum but i decided that i will write it anyways.
i dont have social phobia but my girlfriend does and i was wondering if anyone can help me and tell me what to do since i feel like im loosing her !
im desperate since i dont want to loose her. She ig going for therapy but i really want to do something additional. When she doesnt have those crises she is wonderfull person, but i can tell how much she is suffering because of social phobia.
Thank you all
S.

Crimefish

I don't want to sound cold, and someone nicer will probably reply after me to tell you I need to be ignored, but if she's already having therapy there's not much more she can do. You just have to be patient.

Anonymous

Crimefish said:
I don't want to sound cold, and someone nicer will probably reply after me to tell you I need to be ignored, but if she's already having therapy there's not much more she can do. You just have to be patient.
Im guessing you are right, but its bit frustrating to watch her like that, when im keep thinking that there must be something for us partners that we can do for our lovers?

Anonymous

All you can really do for her is be really nice, supportive, and understanding. It's really cool that you have a girlfriend with SP. Most free guys aren't too interested in us, at least from my experiences...Just make sure she knows you care about her, and don't give up on her or take it personally if she doesn't say much to you. I'm sure she cares about you just as much as you care about her. Has she met anyone like her? If she doesn't know about this site, you could tell her about it. A lot of us find it quite helpful. Just keep encouraging her, and try to comfort her when she is feeling bad.

halsted

HiApeNest said:
All you can really do for her is be really nice, supportive, and understanding. It's really cool that you have a girlfriend with SP. Most free guys aren't too interested in us, at least from my experiences...Just make sure she knows you care about her, and don't give up on her or take it personally if she doesn't say much to you. I'm sure she cares about you just as much as you care about her. Has she met anyone like her? If she doesn't know about this site, you could tell her about it. A lot of us find it quite helpful. Just keep encouraging her, and try to comfort her when she is feeling bad.
Im trying to do my best and to be supportive, but sometimes it can be really hard, since we've been together for 20 months and her sp started to show off maybe 5 moths ago, and at the beginning we didnt even know what it is. She knows about some web pages, and since she is from germany there are some german web pages too. Soon we will be moving to Vienna, Austria, so if anyone knows place there for group SP or anything like that, please let me know..She still havent met anyone who has SP in person but im hoping it will happen in Vienna.

Anonymous

dear halsted, I have a boyfriend with SP, and I am in a similar situation.
I really do not know what to do about it.
Trying to be there for him, having one way dialogues which usually fill in the empty air between us......... I am trying to understand, trying to learn new vocab., to read his thoughts and feelings through touch, ticks, movement, look.
No sucess for now. I know he loves me, and I'll stick to my man.
There should be a SP portal for friends and families, so we can share our experiences and perhaps learn few things from eachothers - like, do's and do not's

hopefully love is going to win