My Iontophoresis Success (...so far!)

seekinghelp

I am absolutely ecstatic with my iontophoresis treatments so far, so I thought I'd share my experience with you. In short, it is absolutely beyond my comprehension, and feels almost philosophical, to think about sweating and have it not happen.

Let me rephrase that:
I can think about sweating now, and I won't sweat. This is all due to my iontophoresis treatments.

A short history about me; I have HH all over my body but it's the worst on my feet, hands, and armpits. My butt, back of the knees, back, and groin areas can sweat excessively as well. Naturally, the area I can't stand sweating is my hands. I'm meeting people all the time, and it's an absolute embarrassment to shake hands. Over my lifetime, I visited a couple of GP's and a handful of dermatologists. All were unsuccessful, mainly because they were incompetent. The last dermatologist, who was supposedly rated one of the top doctors in America, I had visited told me, "Your last resort is ETS. Since you don't want to do that, I will refer you to a hospital to get Botox done. In my opinion, iontophoresis does NOT work. I think it's a silly idea."

I've read the threads throughout this website, and I was hoping that last doctor would get me iontophoresis treatments. Since he didn't believe in it, I couldn't get it. I got frustrated and read through the threads some more and concluded that the success people were having with iontophoresis was not a fluke. So, I decided to man up and purchase my own machine. Obviously, I had to buy one without a prescription so I ordered the Idromed 4.

I'm currently on my 6th day of the 10 day initial treatment, and like I said it feels miraculous. If you care to know, I currently do 10mA on the hands and 18 mA on the feet, both for 10 minute sessions. I know this is working because well, for the obvious reason my hands don't drip drop sweat anymore. The other reason is that the instructions for the Idromed 4 mentioned to change polarities on the 5th treatment because the positive end will have better results. I started treatments with my right hand on the positive end because I shake with this hand. Since I've just started the left hand on the positive end, it is not as dry as the right hand.

Simply put, when I think about sweating, my right hand cannot sweat. It is so strange because it's bone dry and it's staying that way. However, the left hand can become slightly moist, again due to the recent polarity change. My feet are noticeable dryer but no where near bone dry. This is partly due to the fact that I don't think I put enough water in the tubs, and its harder for me to feel the tingling sensation so I might not be at the optimal mA.

Hopefully, I'm not jumping the gun but I got so excited because as I think about sweating, my right hand doesn't sweat!!!!! As treatments continue, the left hand should yield the same results as the right one. Also, when I find that right mA for my feet, hopefully I can get them as dry as my hand.

Anyways, this was a long post but hopefully for those out there still searching for that right treatment, you can learn something from this. I just want to return the same love that Pinker has so freely given in his many posts.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me or reply to the thread. As I have read through the hundreds and hundred of threads, I've developed many questions, and nothing is more fucking frustrating than to have found someone who has found successful treatment, then PM them, and they never respond back. I promise to respond back, and I will update to this post as I reach "maintenance" treatments and its overall effectiveness. See you in a few!

Hey that is great news!! It's always great to hear about someone else having success with iontophoresis 8)

It's a wierd sensation isn't it when you feel you might be sweating.. but you touch your hands and they're dry! It takes a while to get over that I know. So long as you keep doing what you're doing now there shouldn't be any reason for the sweat to come back hopefully.

I have the same situation with my feet, I find it's much harder to get them dry than my hands, but what's more strange for me is my right foot sweats much more than my left! I think the feet require a higher current like you are using and maybe more treatments than the hands, I need to experiment more with it. I also use a deeper tub for my feet because the trays that come with all machines seem to be too shallow to reach up the inside of my foot which is a pain.

Too many times we've heard of doctors overlooking ionto and many people never give it a chance, opting for surgery instead, even though it can be a very effective treatment for a lot of people. I think it is a case that a lot of doctors have never heard of iontophoresis, heck some aren't aware of hyperhidrosis, but I bet a few of them push botox and surgery in particular for the $$$, and it's quicker..

Btw do you know which version of the idromed you're using? Another member told me about there being a GS and a PS version of the machine..

Best of luck to you!

seekinghelp

Thanks! Pinker...always pulling through.

My Idromed 4 is the GS version. Supposedly, the PS version is necessary when you want to treat your armpits. Otherwise, the GS one is cheaper and does just as well.

But yes, I can foresee the feet taking a few treatments to find the optimal mA.

Cheers!

seekinghelp

If anyone cares: I'm on day 3 after the initial 10 day iontophoresis treatments.

So far, hands and feet (except the sides) are completely dry. I get the tingly feeling of sweating in my left hand but no sweat comes out. The right hand is bone dry.

I'm hoping to last one entire week until I need to treat them again. I'll keep ya'll updated.

hinder87

im really happy for u man. please keep us updated with ur maintennance treatments because ive been thinking about buying an ionto machine.

mirela

Hi

Interesting...Are you sure about the depth ?

Bindner told me that thr depth is 5.5cm.

The Fischer's depth is 7.6cm.

seekinghelp

Yes you are right. That is my bad.

I measured incorrectly. The tip of the ruler doesn't begin at zero.

My remeasure is closer to 5cm, this is with the electrode and grid in place.

Sorry about that!

Jezza

I just ordered the idromed 4 GS, directly from Dr Hoenle's website (I'm in the Netherlands and they were willing to ship it over here directly)

I hope it'll work as well for me as it did for you.

I will keep you all posted as I go. First though I'll need to wait a couple of days before the machine arrives. But when it does, I'll share my results with you.

April27

seekinghelp said:
I am absolutely ecstatic with my iontophoresis treatments so far, so I thought I'd share my experience with you. In short, it is absolutely beyond my comprehension, and feels almost philosophical, to think about sweating and have it not happen.

Let me rephrase that:
I can think about sweating now, and I won't sweat. This is all due to my iontophoresis treatments.

A short history about me; I have HH all over my body but it's the worst on my feet, hands, and armpits. My butt, back of the knees, back, and groin areas can sweat excessively as well. Naturally, the area I can't stand sweating is my hands. I'm meeting people all the time, and it's an absolute embarrassment to shake hands. Over my lifetime, I visited a couple of GP's and a handful of dermatologists. All were unsuccessful, mainly because they were incompetent. The last dermatologist, who was supposedly rated one of the top doctors in America, I had visited told me, "Your last resort is ETS. Since you don't want to do that, I will refer you to a hospital to get Botox done. In my opinion, iontophoresis does NOT work. I think it's a silly idea."

I've read the threads throughout this website, and I was hoping that last doctor would get me iontophoresis treatments. Since he didn't believe in it, I couldn't get it. I got frustrated and read through the threads some more and concluded that the success people were having with iontophoresis was not a fluke. So, I decided to man up and purchase my own machine. Obviously, I had to buy one without a prescription so I ordered the Idromed 4.

I'm currently on my 6th day of the 10 day initial treatment, and like I said it feels miraculous. If you care to know, I currently do 10mA on the hands and 18 mA on the feet, both for 10 minute sessions. I know this is working because well, for the obvious reason my hands don't drip drop sweat anymore. The other reason is that the instructions for the Idromed 4 mentioned to change polarities on the 5th treatment because the positive end will have better results. I started treatments with my right hand on the positive end because I shake with this hand. Since I've just started the left hand on the positive end, it is not as dry as the right hand.

Simply put, when I think about sweating, my right hand cannot sweat. It is so strange because it's bone dry and it's staying that way. However, the left hand can become slightly moist, again due to the recent polarity change. My feet are noticeable dryer but no where near bone dry. This is partly due to the fact that I don't think I put enough water in the tubs, and its harder for me to feel the tingling sensation so I might not be at the optimal mA.

Hopefully, I'm not jumping the gun but I got so excited because as I think about sweating, my right hand doesn't sweat!!!!! As treatments continue, the left hand should yield the same results as the right one. Also, when I find that right mA for my feet, hopefully I can get them as dry as my hand.

Anyways, this was a long post but hopefully for those out there still searching for that right treatment, you can learn something from this. I just want to return the same love that Pinker has so freely given in his many posts.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me or reply to the thread. As I have read through the hundreds and hundred of threads, I've developed many questions, and nothing is more fucking frustrating than to have found someone who has found successful treatment, then PM them, and they never respond back. I promise to respond back, and I will update to this post as I reach "maintenance" treatments and its overall effectiveness. See you in a few!

I love your excitement its very encouraging. What is Iontophoresis? It's a machine? Is it expensive?

seekinghelp

Update on maintenance treatments:
2 weeks after my initial 10 day treatment protocol, I did my first maintenance treatment. My hands & feet were completely dry, and I got kind of worried because it had been 2 weeks since I did iontophoresis. So, I did one just for the heck of it.

About 4 days after my first treatment, my hands along with my right foot began to feel a sweating sensation. Along with this feeling, the sides of my right foot began to sweat, HH style, while the sides of my left foot were slightly moist. In addition, the fingertips of my right hand were basically dripping, HH style, while my left hand was entirely dry.

So, I got scared and did another maintenance treatment. A day after this particular treatment, my hands and feet are back to being completely dry.

Now that I've endured these two attempts at figuring out my maintenance treatments, I will start doing one treatment every 7 days. I figured that would be optimal because I waited 14 days to do something, then 4 days later I had to do another. So if I had distributed the those two treatments evenly over 18 days, it would be about one treatment per 9 days. To make it easy on myself henceforth, I'll just keep it to every Sunday, switching polarity every other.

I figure that about the 7th day, my HH would start to get its wheels rolling but throwing a treatment then would prevent it. Who knows... This whole process is as unscientific as it gets, so hopefully it will work.

Best of luck to all.

Jezza

Henceforth ay... :lol:

Anyway, good to hear that in the end it's still working.

I just got the Idromed 4 GS today (payment to the neighbours in Zjermany of Dr Hoenle took a while but I have to say they were quite friendly in handling my impatient questions about it) so I'll post some things in the following view days/weeks.

Now just hoping it'll work.

seekinghelp

Final update:
Okay, I got my maintenance schedule down. Every 5 days, I do a treatment, and it keeps my hands and feet completely, 100% dry. Then, I just wait another 5 days. For the hands I do 10mA for 10 minutes, and for the feet I do 18mA for 10 minutes.

That's it.

Iontophoresis saved my life, literally. No more being paranoid about shaking hands. As a result, my self confidence has just rocketed. I used to be paranoid when talking to people. Not that I would be scared of talking, it's just in the back of my mind I would think, "Damn it, I am going to shake this person's hand, and he/she will react funny." Some people would say, "Why are you so sweaty?" And that's just the worst. Thankfully, that is no more, and now I'm the one to offer a handshake!

If anyone out there has been lurking the forums or is thinking about iontophoresis, then go ahead and do it! Please PM with any questions, and I'll be glad to help.

Best of luck to all.

hinder87

hi

so do ur hands stay bone dry even in stressful situations like being really nervous or when ur in a hot place? or do they become a little moist?

KngofMn

hinder,
For some it sounds like it keeps them dry all of the time (lucky sob's...lol) but for others it may keep them dry MOSt of the time. They might still get clammy in stressfull situations or when your nervous. For myself I think the Ionto helps to reduce the sweating by 40-50%. I also use dehydral cream which works extremely well and seems to take up the other 50% of the sweating. I have also been taking 2 Robinul tablets a day both are 1 mg and this might help about 10-20% or so. So I would say that I am dry most of the time and have gotten to the point where Iam dry even in social or stressful situations. I am getting a prescription for Glyco liquid solution which I will put in the Ionto and I am pretty sure that that by itself might get me almost completely dry or atleast 75-80% dry. For some its just finding a combination of things to keep you dry. I have to warn you though, doing the Ionto treatments are really inconvenient and uncomfortable but if it works then its worth doing. Good luck

seekinghelp

Hinder,

Yes, my hands and feet remain dry through every type of situation. From public speaking to just sitting here typing this. I used to sweat just sitting alone in a room, and I used to sweat profusely in stressful situations; let's say, interviews. It doesn't matter what I'm doing, what the weather is, where I am--my hands and feet are 100% dry.

For instance, I am a designer, and I have to consistently give presentations for critiques. I used to be paranoid about the sweating but now I don't give it a second thought. Similarly, I do a lot of drawings, so I don't have to worry about staining the paper with sweat. Once you stop sweating, you really don't think about it anymore. You're free!

Perhaps, I might be a "lucky" one who can achieve 100% dry hands and feet with just iontophoresis alone. Who knows... Honestly, if your tap water is good and you find the right amperage, then I really don't see why iontophoresis wouldn't work. But I'm no Doctor...

Anyways, hope that helps. Best of luck.

Josebm33

Hi, I recently pushased the Idromed 4 PS version. I did 10 treatmeants at 15ma in 10 days in a roll and saw no results. Are you doing your treatments every day in a roll or resting every other day. Please I need some advise. thanks.

seekinghelp said:

Let me rephrase that:

seekinghelp

I did 10 treatments in a roll. One treatment per day, so it lasted for 10 days straight.

Since you have the PS version, I believe the initial treatment protocol may be different.

hinder87

hey seekinghelp. how are ur maintenannce treatments going? r ur feet and fingertips staying dry consistently?

seekinghelp

I know you may cry nonsense but...

I think my back stopped sweating excessively due to the iontophoresis treatments on my hands and feet, and also to the sweat stop product I use on my armpits.

Here's why: since I've achieved dryness on my hands, feet, and armpits, I don't think about sweating at all. So, the anxiety factor is gone, and going with it is any sweating due to anxiety, which includes my back.

So, is there such thing as anxiety-induced HH? I believe so.