My OCD

KKiusb

Hey, I asked my parents about Obsessive compulsive in the last few months because i had heard about it recently, only once i started finding out information about it did i realise that i had been doing obsessive things for the last 3-5 years of my life, i always knew what i was doing was weird but never sought an answer for it. at the moment im 16, and i have strange things with numbers, at school i have to turn my lock up to 10 times before i can put in my code, at home, i have to brush my teeth in each section of my mouth, for e.g front teeth 5 times molers 2 times, i have to set my alarm on an odd number always preferablly 7 and 9 e.g 6:09 am. I have to wake up at certain times which i set my alarm for as well, I have to finish a movie im watching and change channels as the screen fades to black... and a whole heap more of things and other obsessive problems that i don't really want to talk about that interfere with my life and make me extremely stressed :s

The thing is, I don't know how to tell my parents, my dad denies it and even though my brother had it when he was young, around 5 years old, he still tells me im lying, im finding it hard to tell anyone about it and i want to get help for it because it is stressing me out extremely and at times break down and i don't know what to do and at the moment im just glad i can get this out :p

Talk to your mom about it, and explain what your doing, and how it affects your day to day life. She's more apt to listne to what you are saying to her. Make sure you do it without your father around. Also talk to a school counselor, they get paid to help too. Tell them about how it affects you. Don't talk about your brother, as it may discount/discredit your story. Good Luck! Get it out now it only gets worse over time. I have a friend like that.

j_brown2

Banned
Agree you should talk to someone and get help... I don't have that kind of OCD - mine is about everything having to be in a geometrical shape, everything in my room has to be in perfect symetrical shape... it's driving me crazy, something like putting a speaker on a table takes ages... Iam lookin from every angle so that it is really in the middle of the table, what's worse is my face, I keep touching it and wanting everything to be symetrical but it isn't. Then my room has to be clean all the time... I have no support my parents are laughing at me or telling me Iam sick and nothing else. So yea talk to someone

Yukinari

Try and see a psychiatrist if you can. That's what I did...or at least my Mom made me. I have the whole number thing too. It has affected so much time in my life. I wish there was a way for me to record the amount of Obesessive-Compulsive acts that I have every day and see how much time I've spent on it. I can assure you that it would be a very large number considering that I've had this since I was 11 years old. For me it all started out with the excessive handwashing to the point where my hands were cracking and bleeding. But yeah, I would see about getting some help.