My results from Avert use, I stopped taking the medication and its still working!???

acap

Hey guys,
So I just recently started using Avert (the one from pharmacy.ca) for my generalized hyperhidrosis (I sweat a lot from my palms, feet, a little from my face, and a lot from my back). I ordered the 1.5mg caps, and on the first day I took two of them at around 5 PM (after not eating for around 2 hours). I didnt really notice much in the form of decreased sweating or any of the side effects (dry mouth, etc.) that day. The next day, I took two more 1.5mg caps in the morning around 9AM after having skipped breakfast, so basically on a veeeery empty stomach. And lo and behold, within half an hour, my sweating had decreased to pretty much the same level as "normal" people! At around 5 PM, I noticed some of the sweating coming back so I took 2 more 1.5mg caps. My great results continued. (I know I basically started this medication at 6mg on the second day which probably isnt a great idea). This is where it gets weird; all of the following two days (the last of those being today) have been completely dry for me. I havent taken any more Avert because I am kinda afraid that I overdid it on the first two days, but I havent seemed to have regained my old sweating propensity. I probably shouldnt be complaining about that, but I am kinda nervous that maybe the glycopyrrolate is "stuck" in my system somehow or that my body is slower than most at eliminating it, which could have bad effects.

Have any of you noticed anything similar? I know that the pharmacy.ca people have said that the medication is only supposed to work for 6-8 hours after application, but in my case it has been 48 hours and its still going strong. Not sure what is going on and whether I should be thrilled or worried :/

NickM

I'm sure you're fine. Sometimes I have days where my HH is crazy and other days when it's not so bad. I wouldn't be worried about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CharlesN

Be thrilled! Glad it's working so well. I think part of it might be psychological. You think it is helping you not sweat, hence you're not thinking about sweating and thus you sorta trick your body in to being relaxed and not sweating.

I'm not a doctor or even very smart, but that's my guess. lol

Congrats and I hope it keeps up.