my social phobia has taken over my OCD

shyguy210

I have serious OCD (fear of getting ill, touching things, touching people, go to toilet as it's dirty etc..) when i was a teenager but not so much social phobia (was shy but that was not social phobia). I has OCD though and it was pretty serious but as i start going to university, my social phobia developed and i get so anxious that it's even taken over my OCD.. i don't really care about dirtiness now cuz i am so anxious with social phobia now ... anyone has similar experience...

i guess i was already mentally ill when i had serious OCD that lead to social phobia and i don't know what it can lead me to now.. maybe madness.. Schizophrenia...seriously sometimes i have very strange disturbing thoughts(very dark and very disturbing).. i feel that someday i will not be able to support it anymore and i will really turn mad (maybe that would be better as i won't be anxious anymore)

jaim38

Hang in there. My social phobia is also greater than my OCD. When I was in high school, I sometimes ate in the bathroom instead of eating at the cafeteria, even though the toilet kinda stinks. It didn't matter how nasty it is, my fear is greater.

What helped me was letting out those thoughts and feelings. I don't want to bottle them up for for too long. After letting out those things, I feel much lighter, as if a stone has been lifted off my heart. Whenever you catch yourself thinking negative thoughts, tell yourself "note: thinking negative thoughts" and watch them. Be aware, but don't engage with them. If you find yourself entangled with them, you need to find a way to disengage. Usually, your thoughts will then carry no power and gradually disappear. Practicing mindfulness/meditation helps. I recommend reading the Power of Now by Ekhart Tolle.

Asphyxiatedragoon

I actuallly am going through sort of the same thing. The thing that helps me is to have people around because I seem to get paranoid when I am alone and tend to think thoughts that are negative to my core. I actually need some advice for the OCD, social phobias and other phobias too :( lol...

shyguy210

I actuallly am going through sort of the same thing. The thing that helps me is to have people around because I seem to get paranoid when I am alone and tend to think thoughts that are negative to my core. I actually need some advice for the OCD, social phobias and other phobias too :( lol...

i am better alone.. i am my true self when alone! i think OCD kind of triggered my social phobia as i was paranoid about people having disease that could contaminate me etc...

i am my true self(but not 100% true self) with only 1-2 friends.