my teachers and SA are ruining my life..

ashley90

my stupid teachers call on me in class and they try to make me like act out skits and stuff.
i cant figure out whats worse,
getting called on in class or having to go up to my teacher and tell him I have anxiety and he can't pick on me..
i really doubt the first person i tell about my SA is going to be my teacher.
i don't know what to do anymore, i feel crazy and too different to fit in in my class.
im so worried about getting called on, i dont pay attention to anything.
i get good grades in school although no one would ever know it seeing i always act so stupid when i get called on.
i cant keep having panic attacks everyday at school, im exhausted.

Noca

Banned
my stupid teachers call on me in class and they try to make me like act out skits and stuff.
i cant figure out whats worse,
getting called on in class or having to go up to my teacher and tell him I have anxiety and he can't pick on me..
i really doubt the first person i tell about my SA is going to be my teacher.
i don't know what to do anymore, i feel crazy and too different to fit in in my class.
im so worried about getting called on, i dont pay attention to anything.
i get good grades in school although no one would ever know it seeing i always act so stupid when i get called on.
i cant keep having panic attacks everyday at school, im exhausted.

Since you sound like your still in high school, I suggest you go to the school psychologist/counselor and tell them of your problems. They can accommodate you and make sure no teacher singles you out in class ever again.

Nack

Banned
Our beliefs are different; when i get called up in front of the class, I don't see it as the teacher picking on me. I see it as another opportunity to get rid of the anxiety :T

Even though I hate it... I see it that way. Cause I mean I don't want to be scared all my life. I've missed out on A LOT of things cause of this. So I need to get my anxiety under control. Can't get rid of it; just have to control it.

Iseesky

I know how you feel :( If I have a teacher who picks on people to read sections from a book or whatever I'll be nervous the entire day (or even multiple days) before the class and until the class is over. It's annoying not knowing whether you'll be called on or not.
I feel like some teachers do it just to watch you suffer...But, most think they can 'cure' you by forcing you to be social and interact whether you like it or not. It's definitely true. The more you do it, the more comfortable you become. But, I think it has to be a consistant thing. I have a teacher this semester in college who makes us discuss a poem in groups and then present to the class what the poem means. I always volunteered to read the poem because nobody else wanted to. I was scared the first few times, but after we did it awhile it was nothing!

If you think the teacher is just looking out for your best interest, I'd talk to them after class one day and tell them you're shy and not comfortable with what they make you do. They'll probably understand and will stop.

I went through the same thing in high school. I was forced to take drama class a d I would always get picked on to go up on the mini-stage and perform IMPROV: meaning come up with random lines tofut a given topic. When I'm scared, nervous, and in a socially intense setting like being on a stge in front of my peers I freeze and that's what I did every time we had class assignments. It was embarrassing, the class laughed at me when I forgot my lines to the monologues or froze and just stood there shaking...yeahthat experience didn't help my SA at all.

ashley90

I went through the same thing in high school. I was forced to take drama class a d I would always get picked on to go up on the mini-stage and perform IMPROV: meaning come up with random lines tofut a given topic. When I'm scared, nervous, and in a socially intense setting like being on a stge in front of my peers I freeze and that's what I did every time we had class assignments. It was embarrassing, the class laughed at me when I forgot my lines to the monologues or froze and just stood there shaking...yeahthat experience didn't help my SA at all.

EXACT same thing happened to me in like grade 8, probably why this is so bad for me now.

ashley90

I know how you feel :( If I have a teacher who picks on people to read sections from a book or whatever I'll be nervous the entire day (or even multiple days) before the class and until the class is over. It's annoying not knowing whether you'll be called on or not.
I feel like some teachers do it just to watch you suffer...But, most think they can 'cure' you by forcing you to be social and interact whether you like it or not. It's definitely true. The more you do it, the more comfortable you become. But, I think it has to be a consistant thing. I have a teacher this semester in college who makes us discuss a poem in groups and then present to the class what the poem means. I always volunteered to read the poem because nobody else wanted to. I was scared the first few times, but after we did it awhile it was nothing!

If you think the teacher is just looking out for your best interest, I'd talk to them after class one day and tell them you're shy and not comfortable with what they make you do. They'll probably understand and will stop.

really it got easier for you? thats great

i want to talk to my teacher but i'm way too scared. that causes me anxiety too like i think he is going to judge me or mock me or something.
i'm trying to get up the courage to do it though

ashley90

Our beliefs are different; when i get called up in front of the class, I don't see it as the teacher picking on me. I see it as another opportunity to get rid of the anxiety :T

Even though I hate it... I see it that way. Cause I mean I don't want to be scared all my life. I've missed out on A LOT of things cause of this. So I need to get my anxiety under control. Can't get rid of it; just have to control it.

i do see it like that too. well at least i did but panic attacks are interfering with being able to pay attention and learn anything. and ya i seem to resent my teacher for it. i know he can't read minds but its putting me through hell.

ashley90

Since you sound like your still in high school, I suggest you go to the school psychologist/counselor and tell them of your problems. They can accommodate you and make sure no teacher singles you out in class ever again.

i might do this, thanks =)

Rxqueen

I know how you feel....I went through that all through high school and college. I'd say you should tell your teacher how you feel and they'll probably work through it with you or you could ask for extra credit to make up for participation points. If that doesn't work you should go to someone higher up or drop the class for another one. Good Luck!!!!