My treatment for blushing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aubergine

Nope you should take her seriously, not on what she watches in her spare time but what she says in her post which, let's face it is leagues ahead of to the utter crap you've been spouting.

you have just proved my point by saying that im talking crap and not saying WHY im talking crap.i think you are confusing crap with total sense and scientific reasoning.im sorry that you cant see sense and i mean you no harm,just like the vulcans!! i brought the subject up and now,on my part atleast,im ending it.
feel free to carry on slagging me off[not a very christian thing to do as i thought you were meant to turn the other cheek!! but then again double standards are always at the fore in any religion}
btw i rest my case on the correlation between religious belief and intelligence _ some of you definately wont be winning the spelling bee this yere [sic]

Uber Schnitzel

For the record I'm an atheist. Doesn't mean I can't see you're talking/stirring up rubbish. And in including a spelling mistake on purpose in your attack on others spelling just proves you're trolling. Besides if you were really smart you would know that spelling mistakes are not an indication of true intelligence, Da Vinci is believed to have had dyslexia for example. You give atheists a bad name

aubergine

For the record I'm an atheist. Doesn't mean I can't see you're talking/stirring up rubbish. And in including a spelling mistake on purpose in your attack on others spelling just proves you're trolling. Besides if you were really smart you would know that spelling mistakes are not an indication of true intelligence, Da Vinci is believed to have had dyslexia for example. You give atheists a bad name
not trolling mc uber,just stirring up a bit of argy bargy.believe me mate i have a massive blushing problem so severe that i have had 1 job interview in my life because of it [when i was 19 and im now nearly 47,infact,my problem is far worse now then when i was that age] i just get offended when people bring religion into something that should have nothing to do with it,like blushing.if you want my life story you can have it but it will sound as depressing as any other extreme blushing life story on here,apart from the fact that ive managed to live a fantastic-ish life despite of it.peace and love to you[just the real kind,not the pretend kind]:cool:

Stuckwithme

aubergine, what in the world do you think you will acheive by this point? One would think that by now you would have realized that your posting on this subject is nothing but counterproductive. Obviously I am not the only one surprised by the fact that you really don't seem to get the point. Think what you want about religion and God, but don't be rude about it. It's common sense. I don't go around making fun of people for things they hold dear. It wouldn't even cross my mind. It's childish, uncivilized, rude, unattractive behavior. Sometimes you just got to know when to shut up.

And just like someone else did, I am asking myself what you are doing here. First you are trying to come across as if you really don't have any problems and that your blushing isn't really bothering you, and then it does. Are you sure you are ok?

i just get offended when people bring religion into something that should have nothing to do with it,like blushing

Who are you to judge what has anything to do with it and what has not? If it has helped one person, then it certainly has something to do with it. To me it doesn't matter how you beat this thing, only that you do it. No wonder you got a social problem if you are that easily offended. Talk about being sensitive. You sound like a big child with a massive ego.

Last edited:

Pookah

You haven't actually said one scientific thing, aubergine, just that your philosophy is based on science. So there are no points/facts to refute or even agree with.

Exposure

I experience God everyday aubergine , i dont need to debate , God says he will reveal himself to the meek and humble , not the proud and arrogant , who are you trying to convine , us or yourself with your 'facts' .

herringman1

I'm 63 and had this blushing problem since i was 13...there is no cure..married 3 times not many friends but i push on..meetings are the worst..grocery stores are bad also...i can picture myself in a nursing home at 80 and still blushing..haven't seen my brothers and sisters for 30 years..but i push on....too much of a chicken to kill myself but death will be my freedom...push on

aubergine

I experience God everyday aubergine , i dont need to debate , God says he will reveal himself to the meek and humble , not the proud and arrogant , who are you trying to convine , us or yourself with your 'facts' .
have a word with him then,he/she/it may cure your problem !!there is a chap on here that is 63 and still suffering!! thats taking seppy golds "trial" a bit far i reckon!! he is looking forward to dying as some form of release!! thats a good and fair god!! perhaps he was genghis khan in a former life!! hilarious!!!
you call yourself exposure perhaps you should expose yourself to a reality check!!
im gonna stick with esfb because no one on this site is interested in the actual reason im on the forum.i was just trying to help seppy in my own way because strength comes from within and not from supernatural forces!! thats all ive been trying to say and no one has tried helping me just because i dont believe in god.
i know its a fairytale and you believe it, you should analyse and respect my opinions and not call me arrogant for having a clear thinking and rational mind.not very christian really are you? ive been called a lot of nasty things for not agreeing with you lot.this is my final post,very dissapointed and still blushing!!! i thought those heathens ricky gervais and stephen fry might have educated you by now!!i suppose i will be seeing them in hell, atleast michael stipe will be entertaining us and i can have a chat with mr hawking!!! see ya;)

iason

It's not the blushing that is wrong, it's how you deal with it.

That was a good point.
And for all the further debate on God and all, maybe we could say the same (@ aubergine: its not God that is wrong, it's how you deal with Him :))

Stuckwithme

I'm 63 and had this blushing problem since i was 13...there is no cure..married 3 times not many friends but i push on..meetings are the worst..grocery stores are bad also...i can picture myself in a nursing home at 80 and still blushing..haven't seen my brothers and sisters for 30 years..but i push on....too much of a chicken to kill myself but death will be my freedom...push on

Don't get me wrong, but I must admit that it sounds a bit strange to hear. I know blushing can be tough, but to be wishing for death, choosing not to see your family and so on... I mean, you can't possibly blame all that on blushing. That sounds more to me like some sort of mental illness. It would be too easy to say that it's all because of blushing. Would you agree or not?

I'm not about to analyze you, but my guess would be that your problem goes deeper than blushing. Maybe more about how you deal with setbacks and serious insecurity issues. Did you ever get a diagnosis of some sort, maybe ADHD or Asberger?

I mean, I am a blusher too and it sucks bad, but there is no chance in hell it would ever lead to that kind of isolation and death wish that you have.

My point is that blushing in itself is never the real problem. Blushing would be a problem if it caused death like cancer, but the fact with blushing is that it is never a problem until you allow it to become a problem so basically it is all in your head if you want to allow yourself to suffer because of this or not. It is really that easy, while at the same time it is not that easy. I think you should ask yourself, why do I allow other people I don't really give a crap about, like the girl sitting at the register at the grocery store, ruin my life. Is it really worth to throw your life away because of it? I mean, if you feel that you want to die because of this, what do you got to loose if you think about it?

May I ask, are you a blusher or a flusher?

Last edited:

Exposure

Hi Aubergine , i just wanted to say sorry for speaking to you that way , im under alot of stess at the moment , no excuse bro , if you want to have a chat any time just email me , were all in the same boat , again bro sorry .

Last edited:

SeptembersGold19

Woah, sorry guys, I didn't mean to start a debate! I just wanted to try and help I guess. I still blush occasionally. But I agree with what someone in this thread said, (I forget who and I can't look back now because i'll lose this page) I think it was stuckwithme who said it, but anyways, someone was saying that it was about seratonin, because when they are having a "high" point, you don't really blush and if you do, you don't care. Well, I agree 100%. Thats why sometimes I dont blush on methadone, and thats why I never blushed when i was on heroin or drinking. And, I believe that when I finally feel joy from the holy spirit, then that will be my "high" point where I will be "cured." But, I guess I just wanted to share where I was coming from with the God thing. I am trying this route for many reasons. I know a lot of people can argue that Christians are hippocrates, and blah blah, and, I must agree that many can be. BUT, that is just a distraction. Instead of worrying about that, I am trying to concentrate on faith and not let their faults in faith distract my own beliefs. ALthough some christians may be hippocrates, I have noticed many christians who just seem extremely happy and satisfied with their lives, even if their lives don't seem that great. it wasnt too long ago that I was in jail (and let me tell you, my blushing was at an ALL TIME HIGH in jail!!! It was AWFUL!) and a lot of people came to preach about God. They seemed so happy and delightful. So when I got out I started going to church, reading the bible, and that book I mentioned by James McDonald. ("When Life Is Hard") What I have learned is, is instead of worrying what other people think about me, I should only worry and care about what God thinks. If you desire to "bear the fruits of the holy spirit" then the holy spirit will enter you (it's HARD WORK) and you will receive the gifts of the holy spirit as well, including JOY!!! THis is extremely hard. And it is really frustrating at times. Sometimes I feel like giving up, but I do a lot of praying, learning, and I know that God will allow my sufferings to stop once I have learned what he has wanted me to learn from it and once I have fully became the person he wanted me to be from it. The WORST thing you can do in a TRIAL is to let it ruin your life, and become bitter. THat is the exact opposite of what God wants. You have to understand, that even our greatest deeds are like filthy rags to God. So why should he let us stop blushing? What have we done for him to deserve to stop? I know its hard because I sometimes think, well what have i done to deserve the blushing??? Maybe It's there because it will bring me closer to God.
Here are some bible verses about TRIALS... which I relate ALL to my BLUSHING. (and anxiety.) This is only for those who want to read it. If you don't want to read it, then please don't. I am not putting this here to start an argument! Just to help and encourage those who want it.

1 Peter 5:10 And after you have SUFFERED a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

Romans 12:12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in TRIBULATION, and be constant in prayer.

James 1:12 Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under TRIAL, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.

‘Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ Isaiah 41:10

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control. 2 Tim 1:7
^^^^That's if you chose to believe! And it's not JUST about saying a prayer and believing, but its about living your life a different way as well! Not to be/act like the rest of the world!

Cast your burden on the Lord [releasing the weight of it] and He will sustain you; He will never allow the [consistently] righteous to be moved (made to slip, fall, or fail). Psalm 55:22 (AMP)

***Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully. 1 Peter 5:7 (AMP)

Romans 5:3 More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance...

James 1:2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds,

^^^^^^Basically, blushing and everything else on this earth truly is nothing and doesn't matter compared to what we will receive in heaven! I am trying to constantly ask myself what would jesus do and how should I live my life. I have met some christians who have just a natural glow and joy about them. I too, someday want to feel the full effects of the holy spirit, and JOY is one of them.

********************************************* IF ANYONE WANTS ME TO PRAY FOR THEM, I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO PRAY FOR YOU, EVEN FOR MONTHS ON END IF YOU WANT. I PRAY FOR PEOPLE EVERY MORNING AND NIGHT. I ONLY ASK THAT YOU PRAY FOR ME AS WELL! PLEASE WRITE IN A REPLY YOUR NAME AND IF YOU WANT ME TO PRAY FOR YOU!******************************************

Thanks guys,
Britt.
-oh and to the person who asked me if i listened to that band, no but I will surely check them out.
THanks! ~Britt~

aubergine

Woah, sorry guys, I didn't mean to start a debate! I just wanted to try and help I guess. I still blush occasionally. But I agree with what someone in this thread said, (I forget who and I can't look back now because i'll lose this page) I think it was stuckwithme who said it, but anyways, someone was saying that it was about seratonin, because when they are having a "high" point, you don't really blush and if you do, you don't care. Well, I agree 100%. Thats why sometimes I dont blush on methadone, and thats why I never blushed when i was on heroin or drinking. And, I believe that when I finally feel joy from the holy spirit, then that will be my "high" point where I will be "cured." But, I guess I just wanted to share where I was coming from with the God thing. I am trying this route for many reasons. I know a lot of people can argue that Christians are hippocrates, and blah blah, and, I must agree that many can be. BUT, that is just a distraction. Instead of worrying about that, I am trying to concentrate on faith and not let their faults in faith distract my own beliefs. ALthough some christians may be hippocrates, I have noticed many christians who just seem extremely happy and satisfied with their lives, even if their lives don't seem that great. it wasnt too long ago that I was in jail (and let me tell you, my blushing was at an ALL TIME HIGH in jail!!! It was AWFUL!) and a lot of people came to preach about God. They seemed so happy and delightful. So when I got out I started going to church, reading the bible, and that book I mentioned by James McDonald. ("When Life Is Hard") What I have learned is, is instead of worrying what other people think about me, I should only worry and care about what God thinks. If you desire to "bear the fruits of the holy spirit" then the holy spirit will enter you (it's HARD WORK) and you will receive the gifts of the holy spirit as well, including JOY!!! THis is extremely hard. And it is really frustrating at times. Sometimes I feel like giving up, but I do a lot of praying, learning, and I know that God will allow my sufferings to stop once I have learned what he has wanted me to learn from it and once I have fully became the person he wanted me to be from it. The WORST thing you can do in a TRIAL is to let it ruin your life, and become bitter. THat is the exact opposite of what God wants. You have to understand, that even our greatest deeds are like filthy rags to God. So why should he let us stop blushing? What have we done for him to deserve to stop? I know its hard because I sometimes think, well what have i done to deserve the blushing??? Maybe It's there because it will bring me closer to God.
Here are some bible verses about TRIALS... which I relate ALL to my BLUSHING. (and anxiety.) This is only for those who want to read it. If you don't want to read it, then please don't. I am not putting this here to start an argument! Just to help and encourage those who want it.

1 Peter 5:10 And after you have SUFFERED a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

Romans 12:12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in TRIBULATION, and be constant in prayer.

James 1:12 Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under TRIAL, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.

‘Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ Isaiah 41:10

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control. 2 Tim 1:7
^^^^That's if you chose to believe! And it's not JUST about saying a prayer and believing, but its about living your life a different way as well! Not to be/act like the rest of the world!

Cast your burden on the Lord [releasing the weight of it] and He will sustain you; He will never allow the [consistently] righteous to be moved (made to slip, fall, or fail). Psalm 55:22 (AMP)

***Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully. 1 Peter 5:7 (AMP)

Romans 5:3 More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance...

James 1:2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds,

^^^^^^Basically, blushing and everything else on this earth truly is nothing and doesn't matter compared to what we will receive in heaven! I am trying to constantly ask myself what would jesus do and how should I live my life. I have met some christians who have just a natural glow and joy about them. I too, someday want to feel the full effects of the holy spirit, and JOY is one of them.

********************************************* IF ANYONE WANTS ME TO PRAY FOR THEM, I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO PRAY FOR YOU, EVEN FOR MONTHS ON END IF YOU WANT. I PRAY FOR PEOPLE EVERY MORNING AND NIGHT. I ONLY ASK THAT YOU PRAY FOR ME AS WELL! PLEASE WRITE IN A REPLY YOUR NAME AND IF YOU WANT ME TO PRAY FOR YOU!******************************************

Thanks guys,
Britt.
-oh and to the person who asked me if i listened to that band, no but I will surely check them out.
THanks! ~Britt~
sad.irrational.delusional.everybody should go on you tube and search "10 questions every intelligent christian should answer" i doubt if you will seppy i think you are too far gone mate but hopefully some of you will.dont be afraid of rationality,if youve got the balls to watch it makes total sense.thank **** for ricky gervais !! what makes you feel so important that if there was a god that he could be bothered to stop you from blushing ? dont you think he might possibly use his powers to stop 9/11 ? wasnt that important enough? was he busy moving in mysterious ways? am i the only sane person on this forum? BULL****. go out and live a great,kind,loving and full life you dont need these outdated shackles.ridiciculous,truly ridiculous.when you say "what did i do to deserve this" you have done nothing,its just the way things are.my dad died died of lymphoma at the age opf 39,what did he do? nothing,its just the roll of the dice.wake up for **** sake!! peace and love xx

Pookah

sad.irrational.delusional.everybody should go on you tube and search "10 questions every intelligent christian should answer" i doubt if you will seppy i think you are too far gone mate but hopefully some of you will.dont be afraid of rationality,if youve got the balls to watch it makes total sense.thank **** for ricky gervais !! what makes you feel so important that if there was a god that he could be bothered to stop you from blushing ? dont you think he might possibly use his powers to stop 9/11 ? wasnt that important enough? was he busy moving in mysterious ways? am i the only sane person on this forum? BULL****. go out and live a great,kind,loving and full life you dont need these outdated shackles.ridiciculous,truly ridiculous.when you say "what did i do to deserve this" you have done nothing,its just the way things are.my dad died died of lymphoma at the age opf 39,what did he do? nothing,its just the roll of the dice.wake up for **** sake!! peace and love xx

You sound like any other proselytizer you realize? "Wake up to the truth!" you say. You have to make your own truth and as long as you don't harm anyone else doing it, what is the problem?

SeptembersGold19

Aubergine: I just don't understand why you have to sit here and try to knock what I believe in. If that's what you believe and how you feel, then fine. I don't understand why you have to try and belittle my beliefs, I'm not trying to belittle yours. What are you trying to prove to everyone? Or more importantly, yourself? Like I said in my previous post, you don't have to read it if you don't want to. Okay? So if you don't agree with my post, you don't have to argue about it.

aubergine

Aubergine: I just don't understand why you have to sit here and try to knock what I believe in. If that's what you believe and how you feel, then fine. I don't understand why you have to try and belittle my beliefs, I'm not trying to belittle yours. What are you trying to prove to everyone? Or more importantly, yourself? Like I said in my previous post, you don't have to read it if you don't want to. Okay? So if you don't agree with my post, you don't have to argue about it.
you need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.