My webcomic for DC Comics, inspired by my past with SAD,etc!

scissorhands

Hey everyone.
I posted this a few days ago in the Off Topic section, but someone suggested I post it here as well. So here goes:

Here's a link to a webcomic I do for DC Comics' webcomic site Zudacomics.com. The comic, titled Lily of the Valley, was inspired by my experiences with social anxiety disorder so I think it might be of interest to some of you.

It updates with a new page every single Friday. Pages 9 to 16 are directly related to social anxiety disorder so please check it out and let me know what you think!!

It's at Lily of the Valley | Zuda Comics

10132_140377817204_504292204_278038.jpg

panelpreview.jpg

PILL_BOTTLE_PROMO_7.jpg

3wo-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

- Adam

Last edited:

Harleyq

I love the artwork! And the name, because on my favorite tv show, I Love Lucy, there's an episode with a song called "Lily of the Valley".

Will definitely check it out.

scissorhands

Jake123 - Thanks!

HarleyQ - Thanks! I think I've seen that episode too! haha Queen does a song called Lily of the Valley as well. There's a ton of reasons I picked the name though. (PS: Is your user name a reference to Harley Quinn from Batman? If so, awesome. :) )

divethruhaze - Yup I did! Thanks a ton :)

Harleyq

Jake123 - Thanks!

HarleyQ - Thanks! I think I've seen that episode too! haha Queen does a song called Lily of the Valley as well. There's a ton of reasons I picked the name though. (PS: Is your user name a reference to Harley Quinn from Batman? If so, awesome. :) )

divethruhaze - Yup I did! Thanks a ton :)

Yep, it is :)

scissorhands

That's awesome Harleyq! I love that character, and the Batman universe altogether!

LILY OF THE VALLEY page 9 finally went up today! I'm super excited. Please stop by and leave a comment or rate and add it to your favs if you got a minute. I'd love to see some folks from here over there! :)

It's at Lily of the Valley | Zuda Comics

To leave comments and stuff you gotta sign up on the site, but it's free and just takes a minute they send you an email verification thing and that's all there is to it.

See some of you there! :)

scissorhands

Thanks Remus!!

Harleyq - Thanks for posting over on Zuda below the comic! It was very cool to see someone from here there. It made my day. haha thanks :)

Harleyq

Thanks Remus!!

Harleyq - Thanks for posting over on Zuda below the comic! It was very cool to see someone from here there. It made my day. haha thanks :)

Well, it's kinda hard to pass up the awesomeness of death by pink flamingo lol. I have a weird obsession over tacky garden decorations and I support the Free the Gnomes organization haha.

scissorhands

hahah tacky.... or AWESOME? lol
I was thinking of putting garden Gnomes in the comic somewhere recently. So far I've decided against it though. lol

If anyone's on facebook btw, I have a group for it there too! :)

Login | Facebook

Harleyq

hahah tacky.... or AWESOME? lol
I was thinking of putting garden Gnomes in the comic somewhere recently. So far I've decided against it though. lol

If anyone's on facebook btw, I have a group for it there too! :)

Login | Facebook

Idk, those pointy gnome hats can be pretty painful and hilarious at the same time when forced through somebody's orifice.

Noca

Banned
Amazing artistic skills! even though i dont really understand the comics, but they look really nice. :)

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Great stuff, Scissorhands. I've toyed with the notion of starting a webcomic myself.

Knowing that someone with SA has done it and is actually having their WC hosted on DC's site is really inspirational.

I'll sign up right now and rep you.

BTW, if you don't mind me asking, what resolution do you create your comics in? I'm having a tricky time deciding between what looks best and what's not too cumbersome to handle.

Last edited:

scissorhands

Noca - Thanks! :)!

FoutainandFairfax - Thanks! Glad I could be of some sort of inspiration to you. If you do sign up leave a comment below the comic so I know your username and stuff. :)

And I draw it all on bristol at 11x14 then scan the pages in after I ink them and work at 300 resolution. Any other questions you have I'll try to help too. :)

Mikefly

Great Work!! I could only read pages 1-10 tho, the pages wouldn't go to 16.... so i only got to read one page of the SA part.

scissorhands

Thanks Mikefly!!

Only 10 pages are up so far. Zuda updates one page every Friday on the site. I'm just really far ahead of my deadlines. I'm working on page 20 right now.lol I need to stay far far ahead or I get into some serious panic attacks about the deadlines catching up. lol And when I panic I rush the pages and they don't look as good. So my goal is to stay way ahead of the updates.

The social anxiety stuff goes beyond page 16 as well. It's just handled directly in this scene, but it's throughout the whole story. It's going to deal with depression, panic attacks, OCD, schizophrenia, paranoia, and lots of other stuff too.

If you ever have a chance take a minute to sign up there to leave a comment, rate it, and add it to your favs, cause it really helps me out when Zuda decides if they're going to renew it for another 60 pages once the first 60 are up. If you leave a comment let me know you're from SPW! :)!!!

Thanks Mike :)