Need to confess

Does anyone else feel a constant need to confess? This is one of my newest forms of OCD and I keep feeling like I need to confess to my boyfriend any thought i've ever had of another guy, any anxiety I feel, If sometimes I feel sexually not attracted to him, any time ive ever talked to guys, or had any feelings about any other guy ever...he is luckily very understanding but it is causing me a great deal of anxiety and panic. While it is mostly focused on him, Sometimes i'll get it with other people too like I will avoid being around my sister because I'll feel the need to confess to her that I told our mom one of her secrets or i'll be afraid to be around my mom because i"ll feel the need to confess to her any anxious thought I have about her. It sucks!! Anyone else currently going thru this or overcome this?? PLEASE HELP!!!::(:

worrywort

I think I can relate to this....when I look deep inside myself I know I have a very dark heart...I know I'm capable of thinking all kinds of horrible things....and I definitely know that I often give in to fear or laziness and run away from problems....I know I can be cowardly and arrogant and selfish and all the rest......

....and when I'm around other people, if I believe that they are good, wholesome, people that have it all together, and that I am this horrible dark mess....it makes me feel very bad and not worthy of contributing my opinions etc.

....BUT.....if I confess to my darkest thoughts and desires and the other people don't reject me but instead they listen and understand and actually confess to similar things, it makes me feel a lot better....like I'm not alone or a bad person.

erm....I'm trying to think of solutions for you but I'm not doing too well! Personally I think confession is a good thing and it shows that you're an honest person with integrity that wants to be a good person.....and the truth is, EVERYBODY has tons of crap that needs confessing....EVERYBODY has things that they're not proud of.....and often when you confess these things it can feel good....like a weight has been lifted. Maybe it's possible to become addicted to this feeling? Maybe you find it more comfortable to be around people when you feel perfect and pure in yourself? Maybe you need to learn to be content with not being perfect, but to allow yourself room for mistakes?.....or maybe I'm way off target!?

sorry, I haven't really provided you many good answers.....just more questions!!!

appletree

absolutly, i continually feel a need to explain my behaviour to other people, i think what i am really looking for is some sort of confirmation that i am in some way simular to other people or normal.
:(
it's not a good way to be and you shouldn't feel a need to justify your behaviour to other people but i understand and can relate to what you mean.
all the best- Mark

durda_dan

i odn't nessisarily feel i need to confess, But i like to because it makes me feel better. Makes me feel normal again

C

confesser

I literally do the exact same thing. every time I look at a man or talk to a man for too long....etc. The list goes on and on. Anyway, its very destructive to realtionships. I am bummed for you, as I know how much time you are spending thinking about all the "things you've done wrong".

Thats the problem tho...a lot of people don't understand the need to confess and they think "Oh it must be a good thing"...Being honest is good but sometiems i'll feel the need to confess stupid childhood things, or that I left an old boyfriend a happy birthday wish on facebook, or i'll get the intrusive thoughts of thinking i'm not attracted to him or don't love him and then "confess" that even tho its not true. It sucks I've been trying really hard the past few days not to "confess" but it sucks because its a compulsion

matthew brownlee

there is no doubt in my mind that your need to confess wrong behavior is a compulsion. it even says that in the book im reading. its called "the O.C.D. workbook". so yeah all u can do is pretty much stop confessing, so you are on the right track, well atleast thats my opinion. "refrain from resorting to a compulsion"

lilcharlie

Dude just keep the mouth shut it'll save you heaps in the long run; I know it's an illness you have :( I have a big mouth sometimes too but really, need to keep it shut and not tell anyone anything, REALLY. The only secret I have faith and confidence in telling to are these three people: me, my God/faith/etc, and my cat. There are very few reliable people in my world that don't have big ass blabber mouths. Trust me they all do.