Needing a point behind meeting up?

TheSanctuarian

Since breaking up from school this year, my friends have taken to meeting up on a regular basis at a field not too far from my house, I went with them on one occasion and got very bored within a couple of hours. since then I haven't bothered to go out again because we don't do anything.:mad:

my question is; should I need to see a point behind meeting up? or should I go out with them at every opportunity to see if something happens?

Have any of you had similar things like this before, or is it just me?:confused:

Edmgirl88

maybe its good to go out and see what happens ... but I feel the same, Im like ok if im hanging out with you lets make a plan like we are meeting up to watch big brother or do facials and nails or sushi and bubble tea.. lol something even if its a plan to smoke and drink coffee lol because I feel like when I try to go with the flow I get so messed up like I hate answering questions this is my answer everytime... ummm IDK what do you want to do, or ummm IDK you pick I cant decide...ect lol
maybe if you feel comfortable with that group of friends maybe you could be the planner.. like go play ball or whatever you guys do in a feild... then sodas or something...

sucettes

I have the exact same friends like you. The only difference is that my "friends" just drive around in a car all day. It's very boring to sit there in the backseat and I don't see the point in meeting if we aren't gonna do anything.

On the other hand, if you have SA then it's very important to go out and don't isolate yourself. I did the big mistake not to meet my "friends" for months and then today, when I finally met them it was horrible and I was more anxious than usual.

It was still very boring because nothing happens....... And I doubt nothing ever will unfortunately.

I want new friends that I feel more comfortable with and have more in common with, but to get friends is a hard thing....

MaliceInWickedland

It's not just you. I go through this with my friends all the time. Ever since we graduated a few months ago they've been contacting me nonstop to "hang out" and make it sound like we're gonna do this and that and have a freaking blast when in reality they're just taking me to these random uncomfortable places (like the middle of a large open seating area in the mall or the crowded local park) and talking about the dumbest things while I just sit there like a zombie, nodding my head every now and then and playing along with whatever they say, feeling like I don't really have a say in whatever they're talking about. I don't why, I just I always feel out of place among them because they invite me to hangout but they usually leave me out of the conversation. This is why I'd rather just stay home by myself for the rest of my life and not hang out with anyone. What's the point of hanging out if you're just going to sit there without much say in anything?

Anyway, it might be good to see if anything happens and at least try to make something of it, but if you feel like it's a waste of time then you shouldn't bother.

sucettes

It's not just you. I go through this with my friends all the time. Ever since we graduated a few months ago they've been contacting me nonstop to "hang out" and make it sound like we're gonna do this and that and have a freaking blast when in reality they're just taking me to these random uncomfortable places (like the middle of a large open seating area in the mall or the crowded local park) and talking about the dumbest things while I just sit there like a zombie, nodding my head every now and then and playing along with whatever they say, feeling like I don't really have a say in whatever they're talking about. I don't why, I just I always feel out of place among them because they invite me to hangout but they usually leave me out of the conversation. This is why I'd rather just stay home by myself for the rest of my life and not hang out with anyone. What's the point of hanging out if you're just going to sit there without much say in anything?

AMEN to that. That's exactly how I feel and what I'm going through every time I'm meeting up with my "friends". To meet up with them is one of the most boring things I know. I have lots more fun just sitting home doing whatever lol.

^Hey, meeting up with people doing nothing about talking about mindless things, is better than being at home alone and depressed ;). So do it!

Just sayin' :)

sucettes

^Impossible :eek:

No it isn't impossible. Because that's actually how I feel. I live in a tiny tiny village, not many people to hang out with here. When we're together I realize how different we are, they don't think like me, they have no interest in the things I have interest in. They are nothing like me. A small place = rumors, everyone knows everyone kinda place which leads to talking about each other. Seeing them talking about someone else behind their back sickens me. But everyone does it here. And yeah, it's probably like this everywhere you go more or less but here it's EXTREME.

You probably think "well why do you hang out with them then?"
I feel like I have to, I've known them for many years but I feel that we have grown apart. I don't have the heart to tell them that though.

Not saying that I have given up on friends. I know that there is people out there who probably would be something for me. I have a wonderful boyfriend and he's also the best friend I've ever had. There must be more people out there who I can connect with? I do hope so.

Sorry for this long reply, I just wanted to explain.