nervous all the time

thelostworld

Hey, does anyone else have a problem controlling their facial expression? Whenever I go out, I automatically have this nervous, angry, depressed look on my face, it's awful. I try to raise my eyebrows and shit like that to make me look normal but it doesn't work. It gets to the point where I get a headache. Then people will say "Oh don't worry" or "It's not that bad"...people I don't even know! I am so sick of feeling and looking like this. Does anyone else have this problem? All i want to do is sleep

Chilling__Echo

lol you couldn't have said it any more true! i always get the whole "you look so sad" shit and i do try little things like raising my eyebrows to look more approachable. i'll be out shopping by myself and no one will bother me, but as soon as i'm with my boyfriend, people come up to us, (mostly him, but sometimes me) and make small talk.

thelostworld

i especially seem to have this problem when i'm driving. i am so fucking paranoid...i can't even look over at a red light because i know that person is staring at me in the next car. sometimes i even make a U-turn and go around to avoid sitting at a red light. and they'll like inch up because they want to see me because they enjoy watching me look so nervous and stupid.

Fredscars

i get told to "cheer up" or stop "putting on the emo face" or id "be pretty without the frown". or the newest (and most common one) "who died?"

dazz

I get that all the time, my mum used to say it when we were out when i was about 6 years old

All my college "mates" and tutors usually say "cheer up"

GettingThere

thelostworld said:
All i want to do is sleep

The sleep thing is a bit of a concern. This sounds like clinical depression. If it is you need to seek treatment for it. Anti-depressant medication could make a big difference to your life.

Tris

I have that (excuse my lang.) dont fuck with me look going on, im un approachable, i do get headaches alot but i dont think its from that. Could be tho, never thought about it.

thelostworld

great :) so now i have 3 identifiable mental illnesses. that's very nice. but i guess depression is usually a side effect of anxiety so it's not that uncommon. i was on zoloft for like 2 weeks but stopped when i read about people gaining weight, losing their hair, and developing ulcers and other horrible stuff. i dont know what to do.i am 19 and still live with my parents. i guess i will have to make another appointment witha psychiatrist

sugaryberries

I didn't guess I had a problem controlling my facial expressions, but whenever I go out and I'm not smiling people always tell me I should smile more or they ask me what's wrong repeatedly. Or they ask why are you so sad and I'm like I'm not leave me alone. I think I do that subsconsciously so people won't approach me, thus contributing more to my problem.

Travis88

I have this problem too, when i think about it i really have nothing to even smile about anyway (thats my conclusion)

maggie

Hey thelostworld, I have the very same problem! My face is all tight feeling, look seriously bummed and depressed, like I'm gonna cry when I'm out. I try to raise my eyebrows, move my mouth, whatever, to try to change my expression, doesn't work. People ask me what's wrong all the time. It really gets on my nerves and makes me feel (and look) worse. I hate sitting at a red light beside another car, I always try to appear preoccupied, so I don't feel like I'm being stared at too much 8O . It's a really pathetic feeling, I fucking hate it :evil:

despise

yes. thats exactly the same :) there seems to be so many of us like this, but whenever im out, i look like the only one with an expression i cant change or control.
when im at work (i sell tickets for stupid little kids rides) people always say "dont look so sad, what do you have to be so depressed about??" and sometimes even "whats your problem?" no ones ever nice about it...its always that whole "your so selfish for thinking you've got it bad" attitude. i know i dont have as many problems as alot of other people and i know im actually a very lucky person...but it doesnt make you feel any better or make SA any easier for you to cope with.

thelostworld

people used to ask me what's wrong but now they don't..i think i scare people. i've fucking had it, i can't take people staring at me nonstop thinking i'm so weird.. how do you all go on living looking and feeling so miserable all the time?

SingaporeGuy

thelostworld said:
Hey, does anyone else have a problem controlling their facial expression? Whenever I go out, I automatically have this nervous, angry, depressed look on my face, it's awful. I try to raise my eyebrows and shit like that to make me look normal but it doesn't work. It gets to the point where I get a headache. Then people will say "Oh don't worry" or "It's not that bad"...people I don't even know! I am so sick of feeling and looking like this. Does anyone else have this problem? All i want to do is sleep

yes, its like that. cos u are tensed, and probably a little depressed. its all in the mental well being kind of thing.

having conquering depression, i see an obvious diference inmyexpression, and also techniques learnt to relax..

it takes practice and practice takes a lifetime..

ColdAsIce

Yep, thats me too!!!....I have a constant 'bitchy look' (so my friend informed me...lol) on my face which I can not control either which actually I found courses more reason for people to stare!!...lol...but I really can't help it.

The other week I was positive these two girls were staring and giving me dirty looks in the super market (WHICH THEY WERE!!). I was with my bf and I was like "if they don't stop staring I'm gonna go over there and"......) in the end my bf got so sick of my whining that he threatened to walk out and leave me because he was so sick of my paranoid behavior....lol....as you can tell hes the understanding type...lol

C'mon on we know what we see!! Its not all paranoia!! If the beggers stopped being so rude and got on with there own business we wouldn't have a problem with them...... :evil:

One thing I've learned when you have SP you can't win in any situation or so it seems, for me anyway....... :roll:

maggie

I always, always, can't wait to get home, where I can hug my cat. :) But also I think of the very few people I can trust and feel somewhat comfortable around. Also, remember all people have issues of some kind. Ours just is more obvious on our faces, in our actions, whatever...hang in there

Travis88

Same, i cant stop thinking about getting back home when i am out,though the only person i can trust is my cat :lol: i got noone to talk to.

PS- Do we all have cats lol?

MadCat

I have a cat :)

Some like dogs, I like cats. They seem to be better listeners and able to cuddle up to me more :D

maggie

My Keesha is such a cuddler, and she understands everything I'm going through, (and never argues or dissagrees with me :wink: ) She seems to know when I'm the most upset, and cuddles with me. In my next life, gonna be a cat :)