new.. brand spanking new (to site anyway)!!

ker27

Hey all, new to this site(virgin!!! again!!) my name is ker im 27 from wales, ive suffered with anxiety since i was 8 and depression kicked in at about age 12(along with acne..blah) my story like all the rest of us is too long to tell, but i still suffer with anxiety now and some days i cant even go shopping because i feel so lonley and im too frightend to go out on my own, inside me is a really lively, vibrant person dying to get out, i just wish i could let her breathe, i long to travel and have a wonderful life but know it wont come to me i have to find it, the only way i get through life is by pushing myself, daring myself every day to do things that "NORMAL" people do without a second thought, anyway hello all and may all our demons go away...Please......... :wink:

ker27

thanks orlando

thanks orlando, its kinda weird telling other people, my own family dont know how i feel, why do i feel so ashamed about something that affects my life so seriously!!! mad i tell you MAD :roll:

neddy

Hello, Welcome to the group. You should find these forums really helpful, I do.

You were right, the best way for you to get things done is by pushing yourself. Take little steps every day and push yourself that little bit more. Easier said than done but the more practice you get the easier it becomes. The best way to overcome sa is to tackle it head on and face your fears otherwise you will end up getting worse instead of better, been there, done that. I've lost 23 years of my life to sa now I'll do anything to overcome it.

ker27

cheers neddy

much appreciated being welcomed to the group, do you find that the 23 years that have been stolen from you have gone by so fast? individual days seem to drag but the years and the life plans just disapear and you find yourself thinking where has it all gone???

neddy

Yes time flies, the older I get the faster it seems to go and I don't seem to be achieving anything at all. I'm hoping that by the time I am 40 I am well and truely on my way to having a happy life and no longer living in isolation as I feel like a hermit but I have had enough of that now and want to change. Each day does seem to go slow but each day runs into the next for me, this year will be over before we know it.