New girl

Closeout

I'm really happy that I found this forum. My agoraphobia has made me so isolated and it's really hard for my friends to understand the constant fear that I'm plagued with. Here is my story.

In November of 2007, I got overheated at work and almost passed out. This basically was the catalyst for my agoraphobia. I stopped going anywhere besides work and home, because those were the only familiar places. It still is a struggle though to get to and from work without having a panic attack. I started driving a new route to work recently and I seriously scream inside the whole way. I keep thinking about how easy things were before all this and how much I took for granted. I recently turned 21 in July and the years just seem to slip through my fingers. There's so many things I want to do, but I fear I'll end up with a bunch of unrealized dreams.

Anyways with all my free time, I like to do a ton of reading. I also play with my cats a bunch. I'm a big nerd basically. lol.

Nice to meet all of you! :)

sullyS1985

Nice to meet you, im sorry to hear that story but it is great to hear from you and if you need anyone to talk to dont hesitate to send me a private message or anything. I think this site can be quite therapeutic if you want it to be.

206Raider

wow you sound kinda like me as I just turned 21 too last month and I fear my life slipping away as I don't want to get older until I can get my life together. atleast you have a job right now which is a good thing, not only is it hard to find a job here but the anxiety on top of it makes it almost impossible sometimes but you'll get through it as you gotta think positive. I'm just starting to talk to people here and I can tell you that almost all the people here are good people so nobody will judge. And welcome to the board