new here...

liveevil

hello to whoever's reading this. this seems to be the first step in participating here...

Im a 22 year old living in so cal. ive been shy my whole life but it was never a problem until recently (the last 3 years) and i'm not sure why. I hoping to find some insight here and find some people with similar stories. See before i graduated high school, things were fine. Had friends and a life and i guess i wasn't really aware of my shyness...anyways 2 weeks after graduation my dad passed away and from then till now i have been getting progressively worse. I stopped talking to relatives then friends shortly after and now i isolate my self by avoiding most social contact. I going to see my reg doctor wednesday, tell him whats up and go from there. There's my story summed up.

i would love to meet/talk to anybody here...

?has anyone here been successful with a general doctor/or u think it's better to go see a psychologist or something???

IceLad

Welcome to the site liveevil! :) :)

I've been to the doctor a few times now regarding SP. Generally I would say, they tend to perscribe a combination of medication and also refer to a therapist e.g. counsellor, psychologist. It all depends upon the doctors approach.

Personally, I wish I'd approached the doctors a lot sooner rather than leave it for so long.

Good luck at the doctors on Wednesday and welcome again! :)