New to site

<ladybug>

Hello I new to this site and am wondering if there are other people here who are agoraphobic but are still able to go out. I'm able to go to work and stores or whatever, but i dont like to go out with a group of people. I am constantly worried about how I am feeling physically. I'm afraid i will be in public with a group and feel sick and not be able to leave. I constantly have to have control of a situation so i dont freak out. Anyway i've started helping myself so it doesnt get worse. Anyone out there like me?:confused:

MagicPotion

Hello I new to this site and am wondering if there are other people here who are agoraphobic but are still able to go out. I'm able to go to work and stores or whatever, but i dont like to go out with a group of people. I am constantly worried about how I am feeling physically. I'm afraid i will be in public with a group and feel sick and not be able to leave. I constantly have to have control of a situation so i dont freak out. Anyway i've started helping myself so it doesnt get worse. Anyone out there like me?:confused:

Hey Ladybug

I'm not agoraphobic but I do get sick when I feel anxious and start dry-heaving.

My best friend's sister was agoraphobic had this problem earlier in life and it's called

Emetophobia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I get it to some extent and it's caused me to have time off work and I might lose my job.

I admire the way you're so determined to get outside and tackle the problem head-on.

Last edited:

<ladybug>

Hey Ladybug

I'm not agoraphobic but I do get sick when I feel anxious and start dry-heaving.

My best friend's sister was agoraphobic had this problem earlier in life and it's called

Emetophobia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I get it to some extent and it's caused me to have time off work and I might lose my job.

I admire the way you're so determined to get outside and tackle the problem head-on.

Thanks. :) Is she over it?

panicsurvivor

LOL. Another "high functioning agoraphobic". That's what I have always labeled myself. Agoraphobia: a fear of wide open spaces and crowds. I have never been afraid of people or crowds. Some times crowds give me a headache, or irritate me, but I do not have a trace of SA. However wide open spaces are another matter. Our friends on this site may envy me my ability to go through social situations with ease, but I envy them for their walks alone, or bike rides. You are pretty atypical for an agoraphobic like me. I work in a supermarket!!!:eek: LOL. You might be the closest thing to me that I have found on here. We should be friends!:D:D

WeirdyMcGee

Oh, yes! We've met, right?
XD

Welcome to the forum, anyway~
You sound like a higher functioning agoraphobic- which is wonderful!
I mean... not wonderful that you're agoraphobic, but wonderful that you are able to do things.
I think that makes for a slightly easier recovery if you have therapy and can push yourself through it!
Anyway-- good luck and I'll see you around the forum!

<ladybug>

Oh, yes! We've met, right?
XD

Welcome to the forum, anyway~
You sound like a higher functioning agoraphobic- which is wonderful!
I mean... not wonderful that you're agoraphobic, but wonderful that you are able to do things.
I think that makes for a slightly easier recovery if you have therapy and can push yourself through it!
Anyway-- good luck and I'll see you around the forum!

I'm not sure if we've met, but I have seen you post on a couple of my threads. Nice to officially meet you lol. Thanks, hopefully it does get better. Yours too.:)

Hi Ladybug, I have that exact same control issue. I need to feel like I have some element of control and an escape route and viable excuse :) I'm new too