New User who needs advice

Hey guys, i guess I am not the only lonely one out there.
Lets just say that i get really anxious around people, and when I do, my whole body gets stiff and I get angry if people joke around with me, because i think that they are making fun of me, and try to just laugh it off, but i get angry on the inside, and I dont really get a long with people my age.

Im 18 and I dont really know what to do. I used to smoke marijuana and that made my problems worse, i quit smoking of course, but now I'm jobless, and i dont really have much friends, the friends that i do have are assholes, just like me, but im such a big asshole that they dont really enjoy my company, or at least thats what it seems like. When I graduated high school, i wasnt even excited, or even sad, in matter of fact, i think ive been depressed for most of my life.

Its really strange though, because if you would look at me, I would seem like a normal, happy going person, because thats what i want to be like, but its just not working out.

I've tried using anti-depressants (st. johns wort) and relaxers ( valarian) natural herbs of course, because lets just say Im more on the naturalist side. Nothing really worked. Thats when i got in to Marijuana, it really relaxed me, perhaps too much, but it also caused me to be paranoid to the point that i would go to parties and just sit down and not talk, because i was so paranoid that no one likes me, or i would stutter, so i just diddnt talk.

I think i need help, but i dont know what to do. Any advice from someone that might have something in common with me would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Floridateen18,

Have you tried ACT (acceptance and commitment therapy) yet? In ACT we try to be non-judgmental to ourselves and others. We may get thoughts that say we are an asshole, but in ACT we learn to just observe these thoughts, to not take them literally. I think maybe some of our social anxiety is caused by not understanding that we are introverts in a world full of extroverts.