no friends

Tryin

sometimes it's like a circle - you don't have enough friends :arrow: you do less interresting activities :arrow: you feel more boring :arrow: you have less thigs to talk about :arrow: you have less friends and so on. BUT! you are still a great, wonderfull, interresting person and you have so many things to offer, so why not show it to other people? i know this can be hard, but after you make the first step, the another ones will be much easier. try to socialize, but don't expect much at first. AND try to be a friend with yourself, that's probably the most important thing.

good luck

:)

pjam76

improve yourself

Find new hobbies, new interests, so on and so forth.. Find out all the wonderful and bad things about yourself and stop worrying about making friends. Friends will come and go.. Yeah it would be nice to have a few friends to talk to or hang out with and share things with, but the fact is, most friends are friends for the moment and not a lifetime.

Some friends move away for college, work, careers, love, for the heck of it and so on. You might do those same things.

Maybe one day years later you get in touch with them, but the sad fact is, yeah you might still have a connection but you really aren't friends anymore....

I have a few friends whom I speak to or see once or twice a year. While I still consider them my friends, the fact is, we really don't know much about each other anymore. It's been like 7 years since we hung out all the time, spoke frequently, shared interests and hopes and ideas.

As you get older, the sad fact is, most of your friends, even good ones, you really don't know any more.

Kids become important. Aging parents, nephews, neices, wives, husbands, jobs, so on and so forth become everything to you or them.

Yeah maybe you speak once in a while, but the fact is, as you get older, it's often more about, "remember back when we were kids or college kids or whatever" instead of lets hang out tonight.

Yeah some people do have friends like that, but sometimes thats more sad than good because it means nobody really did anything with their lives.

In today's world many people move because of jobs, school, loves, and so on and rarely is the case where everybody you once knew in high school or college still lives in the same town or county when your 40.

styrka

I just moved to a whole new country. I've been here 4 months and I don't have any friends at all. my only friend is my husband but he's at work the whole day. I kind of gave up on making friends, it takes so much effort to make friends. then you have to call them and make small talk and things like that. I don't feel for it. I have been dissapointed by people so many times that I don't see the point. of course this makes my situation worse but I just don't know how to reach out to people. I'm tired of trying. it doesn't even matter if I just moved somewhere or if I've been living there 10 years....
I distract myself with hobbies like playing guitar, painting, photography and reading books. I have a lot of fun without having to be with people.
but of course I hate being lonely and not having friends.... and I know its my fault cuz I gave up trying.....

Ddarko

humble said:
I don't have any friends but I like it like this. I don't believe in friendship.

For some reason this comment combined with that Charlie Brown picture made me crack up like crazy...

LemonKiss

humble said:
I don't have any friends but I like it like this. I don't believe in friendship.

No friends and you like it. Sounds anti-social. I probably shouldn't be encouraging you but...cool! Wish I liked it.

pjam76

anti-social

It's not always good to be totally anti-social.

Because at the end of the day, your opinions of the world become based more on your hatred and jealous of others more than on reality.

If you never speak to anybody, never talk to anybody, never develop a relationship with anybody, at the end of the day, you really don't have any wisdom to say anything about other people. You really don't know them.

Yes, sometimes friends can be users, abusers, losers, and so on.. But friends, regardless if it's a best friend or just a know once in a while friend, can help you out....

Most jobs in today's world are found through friends. If you don't know anybody and your name isn't Stephen Hawkins or Bill Gates, the farther you go in a career, the harder it'll become to get better jobs.. People don't want to hire somebody nobody knows.

If you live all by yourself and wind up getting hurt, nobody will ever care to check up on you... Nobody will think, "hey where is so and so.."

Yeah sometimes friends can be more harm than good, but the fact is, being totally anti-social is kind of useless.