not prescribed anti depressants, i want them!

sar_sarz

HI
Ive been taking 80mg of proananol and although it relieves some anxiety im still pretty bad. I asked my doctor to prescribe me anti depressants and she said no, and im not the kind of person who would push it.
So ive got worse and barely leave my house, and now enough is enough i want to go back and get prescribed anti depressants as they have helped alot of people like me.
can the doctor not prescribe me anti depressants because i will get addicted?? Any response would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks peeps!!!

okkamsrazor

hello Sarz
Difficult one, this. Could be many reasons why your doctor is refusing you anti depressants. Have you asked her what her reasons were?

sar_sarz

i think she is not sympathetic towards anxiety sufferers as a friend of mine left the surgery because of the same reasons. i didnt ask her reasons as i was in a bit of a state and crying at the time.
I have an appointment for this afternoon so hopefully something positive will come out of it, i have nothing to loose but i hate hate hate going to see her!!!!!!

sar_sarz

i just got back from the doctors and i had a different doctor this time and he prescribed me Prozac, so hopefully i will benefit!

kyle

Banned
sar_sarz said:
i just got back from the doctors and i had a different doctor this time and he prescribed me Prozac, so hopefully i will benefit!

hopefully you will respond to the medication. However, if you don't, try NArdil. It's the best!

phoenix1

Noca said:
Getting denied an SSRI? Is that doctor really a doctor? lol

Haha, that's what I was thinking too. I've never heard of a doctor that doesnt at the very first sign of a mood problem pull out the SSRI prescription. Maybe the doctor should be congratulated?