Not shy introvert?

sevenroses

Is it possible to be not shy but be introvert? I think it's possible. I know most outgoing people are not shy. I'm a huge introvert but I don't think that it would affect my SA recovery that much.

Silvox Black

It is possible yes. To be an introvert does not mean that a person is socially awkward. That is simply the stereotype associated with introverts. If anything, introverts can be as extroverted as the rest, however introverts will also desire more time for themselves. Social events will drain energy rather than invigorate introverts most of the time. However shyness and introversion do not go hand in hand.

Waybuloo

It is possible yes. To be an introvert does not mean that a person is socially awkward. That is simply the stereotype associated with introverts. If anything, introverts can be as extroverted as the rest, however introverts will also desire more time for themselves. Social events will drain energy rather than invigorate introverts most of the time. However shyness and introversion do not go hand in hand.

Agree. Being an introvert doesn't mean you are nervous around others and wary of people, which is what shyness is. It just means you don't derive as much fulfilment from social contact as extroverts do.

I watched a BBC show called the Big Personality, Child of our times, in which the girl that was deemed the most introverted was actually quite self assured and the most popular kid in her class to be picked as the one others most like to play with.